Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought my daughter an Outlaw 50 its an '07 and I have a question about making it a little faster. I have already adjusted the screw out all the way on the thumb throttle, I was told by someone who bought a 90 that there was some sort of a restrictor plate that could be easily removed to allow for a increase in speed. It was the mechanic at the dealer he bought it from, and I was just wondering if anyone here knows anything about this or if these guys are full of it. She will be drag racing and the local fair this weekend and would like to get a little more out of the 50. Thanks, Ken

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
12 Posts
On the older ones there is a clip on the cdi. Two screws to loosen and pull the clip and screw them back in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked and can't find a cdi that has anything to take off. It is an 07 fourstroke, does anyone know if this mod can be done on this qaud, or was it just the older 2 strokes? Thanks, Kenny

·
Registered
3 Posts
IF you like working on atvs or just like watching it sit because it will not crank or run buy another polaris. I purchased a 90 outlaw for my son in 4.08 it was in the shop 4 times in the next 6 months all for the same problems. the brakes did not work the starter did not work the motor was rebuilt. I am still having the same problems today and now it is out of warranty. If you call polaris industries you will be wasting your time. You will get a old woman that will ask you stupid questions and you will get no result. IF YOU WANT PROBLEMS AND JUNK BUY POLARIS. IF YOU WANT A DEPENDABLE BIKE BUY YAMAHA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, POSPOLARIS that had nothing to do with my question at all. I have had my outlaw for two years not one issue. I was asking about a mod I had heard of. I actually own a raptor, grizzly and the outlaw they all have their problems at some time. Why come on a Polaris site and trash the polaris? Why respond to a post with an answer so far off topic that you may as well have posted it on a bird watching site because it was of absolutly no help to me next time only answer if you have useful advice pertaining to the question at hand.Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was going to apologize for posting my comment on the wrong page. But i want. Imagine the time you wasted replying to my non helpful posting, did that make any sense? Why would i trash polaris on a polaris forum you ask because thats all their worth, trashing. Glad i could help you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts