Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i got this weird prob with my front brakes i have a 06 outlaww 500 and when going slow speeds "15-20 mph" the brakes work great, but now when going faster 35-40 mhp" i have to pull the lever in let go and pull in again basicly pumping till presure builds. I was tolld there was air in the lines but we bleed and bleed them and still the same. The master is not leaking and holding fulid if some one could help that would be great. And how can you tell if the master is gone bad?

·
Registered
494 Posts
How can you tell if the master is gone bad? Assuming there are no leaks at the calipers or master or anywhere inbetween and no air in the lines or in the master or in the calipers and the pads and rotor are good and you have to pump the lever to get pressure - brake fluid could be getting by the master seals between the reservoir and the line.

When you are going 15 mph, you don't need as much pressure to achieve satisfactory braking. When you go 40 mph, you're likely to apply more pressure and notice the lack of braking performance. You may be at the beginning stage of master failure which is strange for a four year old bike. But it could happen.

The test for the master would be to use a brake pressure gauge at the master, apply max pressure to the lever, cable tie the lever, note the pressure reading, then come back in 30 mins or so and see if the pressure has reduced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts