Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 07 Outlaw 525 and have had nothing but problems with it since the day we bought it! From day one, the clutch was bad-we took it to the shop 3 times for over a month-cost us $300! They found it was missing the friction plate and had an extra steel plate in it-from the factory!!! Then we get that problem fixed and we started having problems keeping it running, took it back to the sho[-this is a certified POLARIS dealer- and they found that the battery had not been hooked up right, from the factory-needed a new battery, cost us another $300!! Now we get it back again, which they have had in the shop almost as much as we have had it!!! It still does NOT run, this time they tell us that it is because one of the valve spring retainers broke in two and it broke the piston-also factory error!! They want almost $2000 to fix this. We paid $7000 for a LEMON and POLARIS or the dealer will NOT help us out in any way. Say it is past it's 6 month warranty and over a year old!! They brag about how great their quads are but won't back them. We have 4 Polaris quads and this is the only bad one and it's the newest! My husband does NOT jump his bike or ride rough because he broke his back several years ago and we bought this quad because of the suspension. Has anyone else had any of these problems? Any ideas how to get POLARIS to back their reputation and products?? Please help, riding season is about to start and he has NO quad and we can't afford to have this fixed or get another one. These were ALL factory errors on POLARIS!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 08 outlaw and love it _ don't understand why you were charged for the clutch repair ??? As for the battery when it arrives at the dealer it is not hooked up ??? The engine is built by KTM and is arguably one of the most reliable built ....
Sounds like your dealer is a lemon - unfortunately most consumers look for the dealer with the best price and not the best service. The dealer plays a larger role in warranty approvals than they let on. Dealers can make larger profits by pusing costs onto the owner as opposed to dealing with the warranty process
Where are you located

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 08 outlaw and love it _ don't understand why you were charged for the clutch repair ??? As for the battery when it arrives at the dealer it is not hooked up ??? The engine is built by KTM and is arguably one of the most reliable built ....
Sounds like your dealer is a lemon - unfortunately most consumers look for the dealer with the best price and not the best service. The dealer plays a larger role in warranty approvals than they let on. Dealers can make larger profits by pushing costs onto the owner as opposed to dealing with the warranty process
Where are you located

·
Registered
9 Posts
One question....

Actually two questions....

Did you buy the bike NEW, or used?

If it was new it should be under warranty for some period of time...

And if used, did you spend a few extra dollars for a warranty?? It's definitely worth it! Everything you mention should have been covered by the warranty.

I have an 08 Outlaw 525 IRS and had a voltage regulator problem that made the headlights burn out almost immediately. It was repaired under warranty, and that has been the ONLY issue with the bike. It is a common issue as I've met others with the same problem. Like mentioned above, the dealer is a major factor in this arena. Hold them to the fire and get that bike running and out on the trails!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 08 90cc outlaw and have had similar problems. The brakes do not work the starter will not crank. It has been in the shop 5 times for same problems said it was fixed. Now it is out of warranty and no one can help me. I was told to call a 1 800 # to get help that was a joke. If you got any help with yours. Help me

·
Registered
90 Posts
bought new,my 08 525s and really love it.the only complaint is that it backfires like i've never seen before,and ride-now say's thats normal.your complaint sounds like a dealer prep issue if purchased new

·
Registered
5 Posts
to outlawman: I had the backfire issue when I let off full throttle. All I needed to do was richen up my air/fuel screw a little. I actually bought an air/fuel screw from rockymountain so I can adjust it on the fly. Tried to go up one size on my pilot jet first, but that was too much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
help me please

hey guys i just got a white outlaw 525 and i have had acouple of problems with it ..when i stand it up and turn off the fuel valve it still leaks through the starter and brake ..also me and my girlfreind were rideing and it just stalled out of no were and it will turn over fine but i have to hold in the throttle for it to keep idoling or it will just stall even in nuetral i have always wanted a quad so when i was able to afford it i got one i bought it from berts motorsports off azusa .the reason i got the outlaw was because it came with a free honda scooter wich actully was NOT free i love the quad and love to ride but feel stupid because i dont know that much about them and i spent alot of money on it i have a 4 year warrenty on it i would just like an outsiders opinion because all berts cares about is the money if any body can help me it out it would be great thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts