Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I have a 2007 Polaris Outlaw 90. When I slowly increase the throttle in gear it starts to backfire through the carb (spitting ect...) It occurres right about when the CVT starts to engage. I have have the carb apart and have cleaned it spotless. I have checked for vaccum leaks.. none. The only mod i have done is I cut out the baffle for the exhaust. Should I increase the Pilot jet...ideas ?? Also can someone please confirm the "D" shaped air/fuel mixture screw is supposed to me turned clockwise to richen it up. Thank you !!!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I guess two steps for the removed exh. baffles. Air/fuel screw out 1 1/2 turns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the information!! I will try that. I also purchased a #42 pilot jet today in case the adjustment does not work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outlaw 90 carb issue ???

Ok.. I have attempted to fix the problem with adjusting the fuel/air screw, no luck. I also tried adjusting the needle height...no luck. I have a fairly extensive background in race tuning carburated gas vehicle engines (Holley). The problem I am referring to her is when I slowwwwwly apply the throttle. The spitting and slight backfiring through the carb appears to occur when the carb is transferring off the idle circuit onto the main circuit. It has the factory 40 pilot and 82 main. Am I expecting too much from this type of carburation?? I have a kymco mongoose 90 and a Raptor 90.. both do not have this issue?

Thanks !!!1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts