Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time my 60 lb son rides the quad on the sand it begins to lose power after about 30 minutes of riding. It becomes difficult to start when trying to start, but if he waits about 1 minute after it turns off to turn it back on it turns on no problem. Can it be over heating?? This doesn't happen at the desert when I don't have the paddle tires on it.:nixweiss:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Kinda sounds like a coil break-down, but not 100%.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Reno and dwh. I'll check the vent hose and coil. I checked the spark plug 2 days ago and noticed it had just a hint of brown on it. The Polaris service manual says the quad is jetted for elevations from sea level All the way up to 6000 feet. This sounds like too big of a range to me. Glamis Ca. Is at see level or just about 200 feet above. I turned the air screw in about 1/4 turn and will give that a try. If that doesn't work I'll look into a bigger main jet.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
On the coil run it for awhile or until it quits, then very carefully touch it ,it could be really hot so be careful!!!! If it is it's probably starting to break down. Time for a new one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts