Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
27"x9.5"x12"Front
27"x12"x12" Rear

27" Outlaw MSTs on stock wheels. No spacers, no lift, no mods at all. I just had them put on saturday. I haven't had a chance to go through anything but smooth ground just yet but I can say that they ride incredibly smooth. I really like the look and additional height they give the bike. I'm completely satisfied with the purchase. The only issue I need to address is the front suspension. My front tires are toed in some ( / \ ) which will cause my new tires to wear funky. I'm trying to decide on pvc coil spacers or HD springs. Either way these tires are great!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go with the HD springs. They will give you a better quality ride compared to just compressing the stock spring.
Thanks for the input. Any opinion on Polaris vs EPI vs Highlifter HD springs? All I'll ever have is a winch and brush guard. No snow plow needed in south Louisiana lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I run the Highlifter springs on mine and love them. As far as i know they are all set up to be progressive to give you a better ride on the small bumps. You would probably be happy with any of them so just find the best price. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,856 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm running High Lifters on all 4 corners and the difference is incredible, no more body roll and my 800 feels much more solid overall. I also gained an extra inch of ground clearance with them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered EPI front springs from Thor today. Best price and great service. Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mental note. When you put them on put a small amount of grease on the bushings on top of the springs. That will keep them from squeaking down the road.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mental note. When you put them on put a small amount of grease on the bushings on top of the springs. That will keep them from squeaking down the road.:)
I would have never thought of that. Thanks hydewildman. I'm assuming when putting on the stiffer springs that the ratchet strap trick works best? I don't have a compression tool.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I started to use my spring compressors but found it easier to put on the spring with with one of the spacers on top and then lower the bike weight down onto them. This compressed the springs and let me put on the nut by hand. Very easy to do if you have someone who can guide the strut back into the hole while you lower the jack. If not just put the jack so that you can reach the handle and the struts at the same time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All of the help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the EPI front springs installed last night. Not a bad install at all. The tire camber issue is resolved! Whew, that was driving me nuts. I also set the adjustment on the rear springs to the highest setting. I may order EPIs for the rear as well, not sure yet. All in all, I am 100% pleased with the outcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts