Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this 08 quad last spring as a dealer left over. I have always had larger 4x4's and it was time to have a little fun. Any idea's on a decent exhaust? What about jetting? I believe this thing runs a little on the lean side to begin with. I have had the problem with backfiring under decel. The dealer basically says it's normal. They have tried twice now to reseal some of the exhaust joints (Which seems to help a little) but it still occurs. I think it's time to throw the stock exhaust away and rejet. Kind of looking at the FMF or the Trinity Racing Slip ons.

I just ordered some ITP Holeshots GNCC for the rear as the stock rear tires suck.

Any feedback of what you've tried would be greatly apprieciated. This is truley the smoothest riding sport machine out there...Not to mention it's wicked fast.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:yessir:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 08 450 mxr, had a problem with backfiring on decel from the get go. I cut a 1/4 inch off each tip of head pipe where it enters the motor. This fixed the problem ,about 50 hrs on it so far. Also at the same time I put HMF Competition S/O. Night and day diff with in power with no backfiring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. Any words of wisdom on the jetting. Waiting till the weather warms up a little before I tackle to pipe and jetting. I have also looked at some mods for the airbox. Just a little nervous on how long it may take to finally find the correct jetting. I have read some horror stories on jetting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts