Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well after about 2 years the 500 is ready for some new rubber!!!! but the only problem i am having is ....what should i get? ive looked and i am almost set on zillas .. but when i look at that radial outlaw i am almost set on them too? lol ok so i need your opinion . i ride on some paved roads.. mostly trails and MUD :) tho, btw i am wanting to get 27's
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
hey guys, well after about 2 years the 500 is ready for some new rubber!!!! but the only problem i am having is ....what should i get? ive looked and i am almost set on zillas .. but when i look at that radial outlaw i am almost set on them too? lol ok so i need your opinion . i ride on some paved roads.. mostly trails and MUD :) tho, btw i am wanting to get 27's
Thanks.
That's two great tires your looking at!

The Zillas are a fairly light tire and do run a little small in height.

The Outlaw radials will be heavy and run fairly close to size in height.

Check out the weight chart on MudinyourBlood.com. Thay have quite a good selection so you can compare.

Don't forget that if you go up in size, by 2 sizes or more, than you will have to consider a clutch kit as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. i am kind of leaning toward the outlaws i think it would be pretty sweet and i am putting a clutch kit in it

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 27 Zillas on my 09 500. I don't have a clutch kit and I turn them fine. I do want a clutch kit but thats just me. The Zillas do very well. I am pleased with them. I do think pavement will wear them down faster then the outlaw radials. Zilla's are less expensive and waaaayyy lighter. Not sure if the 500 has the ooomph to turn the radial outlaws in the thick mud.
If you do go with the radial laws let everyone know. I think us smaller CC bikes are afraid of heavy tires. Would be nice to know if the 500ho can handle them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i hear alot of good about the zillas but i see them all the time ... id like to change things up and i think that the radial outlawswould be a nice change :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts