Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
This is the tube that comes off the bottom of the carb? Needs to run between the engine and trans to the bottom of the frame so it drains onto the ground. On my 325 engines it will run from the carb to the front of the engine and down behind the clutch cover to the bottom of the frame. Doesn't really matter where it runs as long as it doesn't get melted and goes past the bottom of the frame. Keep it away from moving parts and excessive heat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It actually comes from the crank case it seems. Almost right behind the brake pedal. But I get the jist, I'll try to lead it somewhere else and zip tie it to something. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not behind brake pedal... But you can almost see in the pic where it connects to the crank case.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where is this overflow line supposed to run. I can very well keep it here...
is it an over flow line or a vent line. Overflows hang down, vent lines run up beside the air filter intake. You don't want to mix that up. Follow the line to where it connects to a nipple and confirm if vent or drain. The only drain lines I can think of are the carb overflow. There is carb vent line and transmission vent line.

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
What he said! If it is connected to the crankcase then it needs to go up above the top of the frame where it can stay dry. Confirm where it comes from. Not likely that it is in the crankcase. 2 strokes pressurize the crankcase as part of the intake cycle so there isn't gonna be a vent. Might be transmission though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can see where it is connected in the pic. I will assume that is the tyranny. So it's a vent...? And should be secured somewhere above the intake...?

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
Yep, transmission vent tube. Needs to run somewhere away from exhaust and up to the top frame rail. I have seen them just hanging out up there, zip tied to the frame or stuck into a hole in the frame. Above the intake is a good place to aim for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts