Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a link, (or a manual they don't need) for a 1993 Trail Boss 250 4x4? Polaris doesn't respond to emails. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a link, (or a manual they don't need) for a 1993 Trail Boss 250 4x4? Polaris doesn't respond to emails. Thanks.

·
11,616 Posts
Anything you'll need to know should be in the service manual that I linked you to dwg.
What is is specifically that you want to know?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anything you'll need to know should be in the service manual that I linked you to dwg.
What is is specifically that you want to know?
I would like an owners manual specific to this bike.I'm waiting on a Haynes repair manual to come. I got it from a client. They rode it,and it wouldn't start the next time. It's sat for 4 years. It's not seized up. I'm not a mechanic. I can fix things once I know what's up though. Figured I'd start with the carb. I have it loose but can't get it free to clean it.

·
11,616 Posts
Ok... An "Owner's Manual" has very little if any useful information other than what all the buttons and switches do, a few safety tips and warnings for new riders and minimal maintenance info like what motor oil and spark plug to use. Other than that very limited info they're pretty much useless.
For any REAL information about the machine you need a Polaris Service and Repair Manual that contains all the information and specs about everything in and on the machine. The same manual used by dealership service techs.

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
I sent him the factory service manual for 85 to 95 models. Finding an OEM owners manual is highly unlikely anyway.

·
11,616 Posts
I sent him the factory service manual for 85 to 95 models. Finding an OEM owners manual is highly unlikely anyway.
I thought you had latebird. I just wasn't sure he understood the difference between what he was asking for vs. what he actually needs or that he knows about checking his private messages to download the manual. Maybe he'll figure it out?

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
I thought you had latebird. I just wasn't sure he understood the difference between what he was asking for vs. what he actually needs or that he knows about checking his private messages to download the manual. Maybe he'll figure it out?
Well he figured out the PM and sent me his email address - my guess is he'll figure out the carb in short order - I didn't ask if he removed the air box

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well he figured out the PM and sent me his email address - my guess is he'll figure out the carb in short order - I didn't ask if he removed the air box
View attachment 145639
I know the difference in manuals,hence why I ordered the Haynes repair manual. Being a first time ATV owner, I wanted the owners manual also. Common sense dictates to read the directions at least once. Yes, air box was removed. Clamp around carb was loosened. Carb is loose and spins. Yet to get it free. I'll figure it out. Thanks for the help.

·
11,616 Posts
Sounds good. Didn't mean to come off as condescending. I saw that you said you were new and have seen others before looking for technical service info in the owner's manual which is the wrong source for that kinda stuff.
Good luck in you search.

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
It just pulls out of the boot - there is a rib in the boot and a groove on the spigot of the carb - the rubber hardens from heat and age and it requires a little effort to pop it out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts