Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today i found one of my grandpa's old oxygen tank regulators. So i figured to try and put some type of O2 injection on my atv. So i figured out that the regulator works on that when you breathe in it releases a set amount of oxygen. So i went to work and put the tube that releases oxygen in my intake tube (which has a plugged hole in it for starting fluid injection) There is another tube that senses negative pressure and thus releases O2, I installed it on the carb in a tube that provides vacuum. So i put it all back together and realized that when i had the engine running it has a lower idle, but when i turn on the oxygen it slightly raises.
I dont know if there is any HP gains or anything but what the hell it was fun
Also i don't know if this is safe for the engine or anything so Im taking it off tomorrow
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
806 Posts
You are making the fuel air mixture leaner. This can cause problems, if you cause it to be too lean you will burn up the engine. You should remove it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya as i said, I'm gonna take it off tomorrow. I just now made the connection that if there is any remnant of spark or flame in the cylinder when the intake valve opens the oxygen will combust immediately and ruin my crank. SO it was fun while it lasted..
I put off road octane booster in the tank also so I think that will be sufficient

1 - 3 of 3 Posts