Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the POPO dealer today to see if my grandsons helment came in and they had a Fire Blue or Blue Fire which ever they call it sitting out front. Had to go rub on it and smell of it a couple of times. Started it up and it is so much smoother than my 550. It had a very low idle compared to my 550 and it has the updated coupler between the motor and the tranny which really quiets it down. The coupler is one of the major noise makers on the 09's and a few of the early build 10's. It even had a winch with synthetic rope already installed. It sure was a good looking machine. Even though I havn't seen any models from the mid 10's to the 13's with valve problems I am still gun shy of the 550 motor because of all the problems I have had. Since my last valve job I have ridden about 1800 miles and I have a five day ride planned starting tomorrow. Maybe I can win the lottery Saturday and come back and get. That is one of the prettiest colors I have seen on a machine. Was hard to walk away from it but I did.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
was it an 850 Sportsman or Scrambler?

I do think the Blue Fire looks nice. i wanted teh Magnetic Metallic, but its not this years color for het LE Touring :(

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Ronnie, you need to just bite the bullet and get yourself an 850. I know you have said multiple times that you don't need one, but you definitely ride enough to appreciate and take full advantage of that sweet motor. You know that you ride enough to justify the extra cost, and it is a different experience than riding the 550. (might as well get EPS while you're at it :) )

·
Registered
294 Posts
I went in wanting Sunset Red but when you see the Bluefire in the sunlight.....

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ I like the sunset red too, its what i wanted but the wife fell in love with the blue. first time we hit the trails we saw 3 other red xp's. i know there are 2 shades, but i didnt see any blue!

·
Registered
121 Posts
when my wife and i bought our '11 we went in for a met. green until we saw the orange madness. i thinked our hands bumped we went to sign so fast. but sadly we sold it this summer just because of all the maintenance and constant breakage of it. 50/50 on polaris and my riding style.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
If Ronnie got the 850 he wouldn't have anything to complain about anymore :motz:
Come on, be nice. We know there are things to complain about with the 850. I'm sure he could find something. :biglaugh: Even I have complained about mine once or twice. (I think) :rotflmao: It ain't perfect, but I haven't found anything that I would want to replace it with.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ronnie, you need to just bite the bullet and get yourself an 850. I know you have said multiple times that you don't need one, but you definitely ride enough to appreciate and take full advantage of that sweet motor. You know that you ride enough to justify the extra cost, and it is a different experience than riding the 550. (might as well get EPS while you're at it :) )
Not going to happen Bob. Not an 850 anyway. PS might not be an option if I get something in an LE. There is nothing wrong with the 850 I just really don't need it. I just got back from riding for 5 days and the 550 did everything I wanted it to do plus I like going 126 miles on one tank of gas. I did break a front spring this go around on the last day but everything else worked like a charm.

Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
Glad to hear everything held together for you this trip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts