Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch this 5 day trip.....

Reactions: 98whitelightnin

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not into camping, but would like to do a trip outwest. Sometime ago I took a snowmobiling trip to togwotee, wy. The group picked us up, and we rode 24 hours to WY.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell yeah I want to do it. You putting it together?
I sure am thinking on doing that trip.....Just trying to find out what time of the year that was filmed.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
So I did Paiute 3yrs ago. We went in the begining of June. So 2 things I would say we're an issue. When in the higher elevations the trails were closed because the snow was still to deep. Also it was very dusty. If I was to go back I would probably go in late September early October just in the hopes to avoid the issues of a spring ride. Other that that it was a very cool trip. We stayed in Marysville for 4 days the headed back east and hit Moab for 4 days.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bp405, maybe if we meet in WV in 5 weeks you can tell me all about it???

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Oh man it's tempting. I'm actually down in WV right now. Going to do 4 days down here then head about 1,000 miles north to NH to do 4 days up there. My ATV plans this year ended up getting concentrated due the current pandemic.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
With the change in elevation, is it enough to have an affect on carbureted machines?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
With the change in elevation, is it enough to have an affect on carbureted machines?
Definitely. I don't know much about carbs but I do recall guys saying the go up in jet size.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am actually thinking of doing this trip with my 2 boys in July... Probably want to spend at least a night in Eagle Point Resort, maybe do a night or two in a tent. I am thinking somewhere around 200 miles. I'd love any other recommendations on places to stay in Marysville or any of the other small towns on the trail.

·
Registered
347 Posts
So I did Paiute 3yrs ago. We went in the begining of June. So 2 things I would say we're an issue. When in the higher elevations the trails were closed because the snow was still to deep. Also it was very dusty. If I was to go back I would probably go in late September early October just in the hopes to avoid the issues of a spring ride. Other that that it was a very cool trip. We stayed in Marysville for 4 days the headed back east and hit Moab for 4 days.
I have been doing the Richfield Jamboree since 2000 that is in the middle of the Pauite trail. It is held the third Monday (week) of September. This week can be very iffy for rain which will be snow in the high country. Late August and early September would be best. If you can't take the dust stay away. You will need to keep a distance of 2 hundred yards or more between the machines.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Definitely. I don't know much about carbs but I do recall guys saying the go up in jet size.
If you want to enjoy the high country the way your bike will perform at sea level you must rejet. You will need to go DOWN about 2 sizes. Down is a smaller jet size for fuel. This is where the fuel injected system is great. Evey time you start the engine it takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Another great ride is the AZ Peace trail. It is a 750 mile LOOP located in western AZ . A good starting point is Quartsite AZ. The trail goes from Yuma in the south to Kingman in the north. It is a loop so you do not need to retrace your steps. Can be done in jeep UTV or ATV. UTV has the advantage in that you can carry all your gear for camping out on the trail. Some stay in motels every night and others camp on the trail and hit a town every couple days to sleep in a bed and get a SHOWER. There are planned trips and you do it on your own.
I have been going to Quartsite now for 2 years and staying in Quartsite where you can have FREE camping or stay at any of 4 BLM camp areas for $180 for the 8 winter month. It is the western version of Snow Birds. But geared to the ATV OR UTV. Quartsite has every thing you will want/need for your stay.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts