Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, noob here. Been lurking since I bought a Polaris last spring.
Anyway, I will be taking the family to visit the Grand Canyon this July (not my first choice of months, but it is what it is) and I'm hoping to get up to ride the Paiute for a couple of days. Any suggestions on can't miss trails or where to stay? I will have to be renting, so any experiences in that are would be welcome as well.
We will probably rent a 4 seater or two 2 seaters (or both), maybe even a 2-up who knows. I have plenty of riding experience (been to Hatfield-McCoy 10 years in a row now), but the kids not so much. Mom used to ride before the kids came along, but gave it up due to maternal instinct. Moderate trails shouldn't be an issue.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling & shut up now.
Thanks & love the forums.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have been to the Paiute twice from NC. Both times we stayed in Marysvale at the "Big Rock Candy Mtn". They have a strip motel, cabins and a nice house. There are places in town that rent Atv's and SxS's. There is a lot of riding out of Marysvale.

I suggest you visit the ATVUtah.com website. The Paiute is one of their main riding areas. You can get Garmin GPS map for Paiute at Paiute ATV Trails 2013 Garmin Compatible Map - GPSFileDepot

Even if you don't have a garmin you can look at the trail system on your PC to plan your day trips.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have stayed at Richfield and you can ride right out of town to the trails a lot of trails to keep you busy. I did not rent but Richfield is a fairly big town and has a big ATV dealer there so they probably rent there. We stayed at the KOA in our toy hauler. We are heading back down there again this June. Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks BobT & Polaris Bear! Sorry for the delay (been out a while). I'll check out ATVUtah.com. I have a lot of homework to do...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts