Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed i have some paper lint in my intake , on my king quad 750. Its not a lot just some .The stock filter is a foam over paper filter. I wanted to know if paper lint will cause any damage to the engine. Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone??

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I doubt paper lint would, how much are we talking about here? Any pics?

My thoughts is the lint will flash burn during the combustion and should be no factor; however, are you sure its lint and not just fine dust? Even paper filters will allow fine dust to get through over time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im pretty sure its lint becuase i can see in the how outside of the air box is full of dirt and then down the intake is shinny black. I will take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not seeing anything. Looks fine to me unless I'm missing something.
The camera doesnt show it very well , but there is some on the butterfly, as you can see in the pics, even if it was dirt its not a whole lot that it will cause problems right?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Negative. I would NOT be losing any sleep over that tiny bit personally. I thought you were talking about build that was coating the whole intake track; hell mine has way more than that coating mine and its dust getting through the paper filter that was on there.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome, as you can see in the pics , i also put some grease on the bottom of filter were it seals the airbox so that no dirt gets through the bottom. So i guess im all set. Thanks. Ride safe:fest06:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts