Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new here i have a 2000 sportsman 500 am looking to find out if there is a system to repair a crack in my luggage rack and if not i would be looking for new front and rear racks and a brake lever assy (handlebar) one

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
its pretty hard finding parts for that year..I have an 2002 an looking for the front rack extender..not made any more....your best bet is trying Ebay...or a dealer with old stock if they have it....as far as the crack..they have a welder for doing plastic....try calling a body shop or motorcycle shop an see where they get it done ..if they do....

or buy this..dont know how good it works..but never know
Plastic Welder & Welding Kit

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks i can get stuff on ebay i just wondered if there was any on here. the glues i will try i think there are some 2 part epoxies i can try

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks

thanks i can get stuff on ebay i just wondered if there was any on here. the glues i will try i think there are some 2 part epoxies i can try
There are many good 2 part epoxies on the market. Can you access the bottom of the cracks? i recommend if possible, get a piece of either thin plastic or metal and epoxy and clamp that to the bottom of the crack and just work epoxy into the top of the crack. let it cure 24 hours then sand for cosmetic appearance

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
3,372 Posts
This thread is 7 years old..... pretty good chance he got it resolved!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Old but still a good thread. I work with HDPE lots and parts made from it are not good for gluing. This material is not a glue friendly material like PVC or ABS is. Some people can weld it, but I'll admit that I'm one of those. There are some products out there that claim will glue it, but I'll remain skeptical of that. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts