Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've started looking for someone who can make some parts, or drill up to a more ordinary dimension, so I can use something from some other engines

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
now i have got hold of and machined some parts for and fit in the top of the polaris. so now i am wondering about the register chain and taiming on it, there are some marks on the drives, but i don't understand that much of them

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
I believe the mark on the flywheel is TDC - perhaps you can verify that by removing the injector and feeling the position of the piston with a straw.

Do your self a favor and purchase the service manual in an instant download PDF for $10 USD HERE

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a complete 455 diesel machine. Threw a valve...lots of good parts including the lifter you need, a manual and decent plastics. Unit had low hours. Located in South Jersey
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Be careful, that’s his first post......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nothing to worry about here. The unit is going to be sold as a whole unit. I don't have time to part it out. That means, it's a cash in hand deal. The only thing that you might hurt yourself with is loading it on your truck out of my garage. I do understand the comment, however. Never know these days.

Alternatively, I'd buy a running unit if anyone has one to sell. Because......well...I've got lots of Diesel 455 parts!

Make me a reasonable offer either way...and let's make this one useful to someone. I'm not giving it away, as there are a lot of good parts here. But..I'm not looking to get rich either.
Email me if there is interest and we can exchange numbers to discuss options.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You may generate a bit more interest if you put your state and general geographic area in your profile so folks can tell how far it'll be to come get it.
Not your city... but the state and general area. My profile only lists that I'm in the White Mts of NH but that gives folks a rough general idear how far away I am.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hey, i didn't get any original parts but i got a local machinist to adjust some valve lifters from an old vw engine, it worked about 20 hours but then smoked the timingchain, so now it is much more broken so it is in the middle of the workshop in wait for motovation

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey, i didn't get any original parts but i got a local machinist to adjust some valve lifters from an old vw engine, it worked about 20 hours but then smoked the timingchain, so now it is much more broken so it is in the middle of the workshop in wait for motovation
Lol that sucks you know the 500cc engines swap in with very little moding. You have any pictures of the timing chain mines missing and i need to make one...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts