Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just curious to see if anyone has good or bad experiences with different kinds of seats. I’m looking for one with storage and the arm rests. I have a 2019 sportsman 850. I can’t seem to find any that say they fit exactly to my wheeler. Any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Just a heads up.... Most states now it is not allowed to ride 2 people on a ATV designed for 1. Unless you only ride on private property you can do it. If you are on state trails you are subject to a fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never thought of that. I know it says on mine there can be only one rider. I’ll have to look into that. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,025 Posts
I have seen some single person machines with 2 adults on them. Not pretty....I have to guess that would be hard on the machine too. The touring machines have a little longer wheelbase to make it work. I have had grandchildren on my machines in the past. When they were little sitting in front of me and as they got older and taller behind me. I have a rear rack box so they have a backrest and I don't have to worry about losing them when I gas it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All good information guys thank you, I looked into the laws in Maine and there doesn’t seem to be anything that says you can’t have a passenger. Only that if they are under 18 they need a helmet. This is the passenger seat I’ve been looking at. The only problem is that it doesn’t say it’s for the sportsman.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/QuadBoss-Rest-Store-Rear-Trunk-Black-QBF-R-S4/129837379

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most aftermarket boxes are universal and you drill to fit. You can go to the Quadboss site and use their parts finder by model. Quadboss states that their loungers are not for passengers while the ATV is moving.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
if you to to theatvsuperstore.com they will have options and ones that will fit your machine.

Thor (not me) there was very helpful in finding a trunk for my Hawkeye. and I have had nothing but good experiences with that trunk/seat. Thor is a sponsoring member of this site and may chime in.

As stated above, most states do not allow double riding on single rider machines. that being said, it's best to do your research and ask DNR, FS, Game Wardens, or Sheriffs office if it's allowed. Just because you can't find the law/regulation on the internet doesn't mean it doesn't exist so I'd check with a person as well as the internet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the input for sure. I plan to look into it more in depth and make sure. Last thing I would need would be to get stopped miles out and have no way back for the two of us. I’ll let you guys know what I find out. Also I do like that box/seat set up I think I may get that as long as it’s ok to use

·
Registered
44 Posts
Google Wes Industries and look at their Wes Classic Box (I don't know how to imbed the link here). I put one on a 2017 Sportsman 570 and it works great. I had to remove the rear rack to mount it using bolts through the bottom of the rack through the box. For nuts I used those plastic turn nuts like you find on push lawnmower handles that allow you to fold the handles down. I had to drill access holes in the bottom of the box to allow me to bolt the rack with the box attached back on the machine. I plugged the holes with rubber stoppers to keep out the dust and they provide nice drain holes when I hose out the inside of the box.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have one similar to this and it's great. The storage also fits two helmets which is nice if you are stopping for a bite to eat along the way. I'm in WI and they are allowed.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
I have one similar to this and it's great. The storage also fits two helmets which is nice if you are stopping for a bite to eat along the way. I'm in WI and they are allowed.

"I'm in WI and they are allowed"

Not after July 1st 2019............

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts

"I'm in WI and they are allowed"

Not after July 1st 2019............
why ? not approved by DOT ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
The Wisconsin DNR says a machine that was manufactured for one rider is only allowed to carry one person. If you want to ride two people on an ATV it must be on a ATV factory designed for two people.

The new law takes affect on July 1, 2019

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also have the Kimplex Nomad Seat/Storage box. Mounted with the Lock n Ride Studs from ATV Superstore.

Wife is very happy with it, Grandkids love it, even my SIL rode with me and said it was very comfortable. The storage Box holds a BUNCH of stuff.

As to being "legal" or not, well if you ride on Private Ground it does not matter. On State Trails they have their own rules and you are supposed to follow them. However having said that I know of lots of guys that use them and never have an issue-- but IF the OFFICER that happens to be there checking wants to give you grief they can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts