Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 sportsman 700 twin. My brother just bought a new 570. I'm looking for some advice on some performance mods I can do to my 700 to outrun his 570. I'm not getting beat by a large amount but it's just enough to bug me. Is this something jetting the carb and putting a performance exhaust on could help me with? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
basics:
clutch kit
better air filter
air box mod?
exhaust
jetting to optimize

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been seeing a lot of guys doing the qsc clutch kits. Are they hard to install? I've never hadine open to see what the clutches look like

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Honestly you're going to have a hard time getting a 700 to outrun the 570. They are rated at exactly the same HP, but the 570 is lighter. faster revving, and everything on it is new. Finding performance parts for the 700 is getting hard to do too.

I would start with a good inspection, cleaning and replacement of worn clutch parts. Maybe a new belt too. Other than that, you're going to have a hard time doing much more. The QSC kits are easy to install and will help if your clutches aren't worn out at this point, but I would bet you need some parts there. Check that stuff before you spend any money on performance parts.

·
Registered
805 Posts
That motor needs some air into it. The stock airbox snorkel is very small. Using an 800 airbox snorkel along with correct jetting for it will help a lot on that ATV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts