Polaris ATV Forum banner

Phoenix ATV/UTV Club - Where do we ride near Phoenix?

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Phoenix ATV/UTV Club 
#1 ·
The PHOENIX ATV/UTV CLUB is a Phoenix-based ATV / UTV / SxS club established in the Fall of 2018 by a group of individuals and veteran ride leaders who are dedicated to the sport of safe and responsible Off-Highway-Vehicle (OHV) riding in Arizona. The PAUC Club started its operations with the initial setup of its Facebook Group that grew to 600+ members in one year. Their internet website went live in Feb 2020. The club focus is on Rides, Social Events, and Educational Forums/Trail Talks.

WHERE DO WE RIDE NEAR PHOENIX?

NORTHWEST

• Morristown/Wickenburg Area

– Jackass Flats OHV Area (Dragon Mine, China Wall, Anderson Mill)
– Vulture Mtn OHV Area
– Wickenburg-Hassayampa Box Canyon-Stanton Gold Fields-Yarnell
– Wickenburg-Buckhorn Mtns-Lake Pleasant

• Lake Pleasant Area
– Castle Hot Springs-Walkers Gulch-Cow Creek
– Lake Pleasant-Castle Hot Springs-Morristown
– Lake Pleasant-Buckhorn Mtns-Constellation Rd-Wickenburg
– Backway to Crown King
– Boulders OHV Area (Hieroglyphic Mtns Loop, Big Reef Mill)

NORTHEAST and EAST

• Tonto National Forest

– Four Peaks OHV Area/El Oso Mine
– Rolls OHV Area (Saquaro Lake Cove #2)
– Mt Ord-Mazatzal Wilderness Area
– Mt Ord-Backway to Barlett Lake
– Camp Creek-Needlerock
– Cave Creek-Seven Springs-Humboldt Mtn-CP Butte-Roundtree Canyon-Bloody Basin-Sheeps Bridge Crossing
– New River Canyon (FR41) trail
– Big Maggie May trail
– I-17 Bloody Basin Rd-Sheeps Bridge Crossing
– Montana Mtn

FAR NORTH

• Coconino National Forest

– Cottonwood- Sedona Area
– Red Rock Ranger District OHV Routes
– Mormon Mtn-Munds Park-Sedona Vista Pt

• Prescott National Forest
– Cherry-Mingus Mtn-Jerome
– Mayer-Palace Station-Senator Hwy-Crown King
– Bumble Bee-Cleator-Crown King-Horsethief Basin Lake & Fire Tower
– Bradshaw Mtns

NEAR NORTH

• Bumble Bee OHV Area

– Bumble Bee OHV Area trails system
– Bumble Bee Historical Mines ride (Antelope Creek Waterfall, Hidden Treasures Mine, American Flag Mine, Golden Turkey Mine, DeSoto Mine, St Johns Mine)
– Backway to Cleator (Black Canyon Creek, Turkey Creek, Howard Mine)
– Rock Springs-Black Canyon City-Maggie Mine trail
– Bumble Bee to Cordes Junction

• Table Mesa OHV Area
– Table Mesa Recreation Area trail system
– Table Mesa-New River Canyon-Seven Springs-Humboldt Mtn
– Indian Fort-Tip Top Mine
– Table Mesa-New River
– Table Mesa-Rock Springs

CLUB FOCUS

RIDES

• Club Rides
• Partnership rides with the Arizona OHV Ambassador “Show Me” Rides
• Membership Drives & Rides (with BBQ)
• New Member Rides
• Geocache Rides

SOCIAL EVENTS & EDUCATIONAL FORUMS
• Meetings & 1-2 hr Educational Roundtable Forums will be held at different venues (e.g. Cabelas, Bass Pro, ATV dealerships, sports grills, restaurants, & community centers)
• Meeting agendas include 15-min Trail Talk discussion + 15-30 min education program / video presentation, hands-on demos along with usual club activities agenda

See less See more
#5 ·
Anybody live in the Phoenix area that has a 15-16 sportsman 1000 empire exhaust industries needs one so they can build my duels not sideways but I live in Oregon
Help please
I posted your question on our 800+ member Facebook group but did not get any response. Sorry... I hope all is well in your part of Oregon. We had our share of AZ wildfires a month ago but nothing like what your state is experiencing. I have RV friends that have been RVing along the OR coast and just headed inland to Bend, OR. The air quality was at the hazardous level and their RV park is being used by fire crews. Hope it is controlled soon. I have visited your state a number of times. Be safe and be well... Happy Trails... Bob M, PAUC President

#3 ·
What can you tell me about the Peace trail. I have gone to quartsite for 2 and 3 week as a snowbird. But we go there for the riding. From CO. we go through Phoenis to Quartsite. Thinking of spending a week insteadf where the Peace trail crosses I-10

#4 ·
There is Arizona Peace Trail Atlas available for $40 online that highlights the 700-mile routes from Yuma up to Kingman and east from the Colorado river to Salome & Wickiup AZ. It highlights available gas and hotel accommodations at various towns. Most people do sections of the AZPT and explore various side-trails to hidden destination highlights not shown in the Atlas.

I have an old 2017 GPX file from one of the original trailblazer guys that set up the AZPT but this forum does not allow posting of that extension file. You can also find more current GPX tracks on the AZPT website and regional SxS clubs out there like the Bouse Ghost Riders club and Arizona SunRiders OHV Club. You should also contact and join those Facebook groups.

Happy Trails...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.