Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Phoenix has a problem with backfiring, and I know that I have seen posts that talk about this issue with the Phoenix and how to fix it. But, I can't find anything on this problem now. Does anyone remember what the issue is with this Quad?

thanks

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
441 Posts
what year is yours ? we have an 05 that was doing that . it was the etc switch in the throttle control . we had the dealership put the new [ 06 , they upgraded ] throttle control on it . if you have an 06 or newer you can try adjusting the switch . what spark plug are you using , we upgraded to a ngk cr6hsa.

·
Registered
441 Posts
yeah , heard of some just takin the switch out .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Disconnect that switch. Block off all the emissions BS. Enlarge the pilot jet to .38mm. It’s .34mm from the factory. Raise the needle on the carb slide needle up as high as it will go.
or the bottom groove on the needle. I’ve been messing with mine since I bought it new in 2018. Finally got it running decent. Worst purchase I’ve ever made. I regret it everyday. Polaris should be embarrassed by this quad. It’s the worst running POS I’ve ever ridden. I’ll never own another one. I knew I should bought a Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts