Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a good deal on the remington edition 500ho today. 2001 with 220 miles on it, guy barely used it. I have a few questions maybe you guys can help me with.

1. What grade gas do you guys use? Past owner ran 91, can i run 87?

2. I need new grips, do any atv grips work? Would these?
Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite ATV Grips Grey Black White Free Shipping 024890 | eBay

3. The stock winch switch is enormous! The circle one, the size of a plate. Is there a smaller replacement i could wire in?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
87 is perfect..no need to run hi test.....just add a fuel stabilizer ..like Sta bil marine it has cleaners or sea foam....

any 5/8ths tube grip work..what ver you like...

you can use a rocker switch instead of the rotary one mounted on the front rack....your solenoid may be right by the battery close to the rear....they had a recall on them also...but I figure yours was done...Now..warn has a kit to upgrade that winch...I believe the one you have is a warn A2000....the kit has new power cables..a contactor...rocker switch....google warn A2000 upgrade if your interested..it changes the 2000pound winch to a 2500 pound...bigger power cables...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
87 is perfect..no need to run hi test.....just add a fuel stabilizer ..like Sta bil marine it has cleaners or sea foam....

any 5/8ths tube grip work..what ver you like...

you can use a rocker switch instead of the rotary one mounted on the front rack....your solenoid may be right by the battery close to the rear....they had a recall on them also...but I figure yours was done...Now..warn has a kit to upgrade that winch...I believe the one you have is a warn A2000....the kit has new power cables..a contactor...rocker switch....google warn A2000 upgrade if your interested..it changes the 2000pound winch to a 2500 pound...bigger power cables...
Wow, that kit upgrade is expensive huh?

Also, what does the remington edition mean..? Like are there more features than regular?

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome aboard and have fun on your new ride you'll love it

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
For 2001 The Remington Edition gives it Mossy Oak Break Up camo on the plastics, Front and Rear bumper guards, and Front and Rear rack extenders. Enjoy the new ride !!!!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
It probably got EBS too where the lower models didn't. But maybe not. They have gone back and forth over the years on which 500's got it and which ones didn't. Oh yeah, and purple camo. :)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
87 is all it needs and can use, anything more is wasted $$$.

I Highly recommend these ODI Rogue 130mm grips. about $21 on ebay...

Very comfortable, long lasting, locking...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
10-4 on the purple camo. LOL. I just picked up a 04 700 twin with it and you can see where the sun didn't hit, it's a green and brown color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts