Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
They can be found at Cabel's, Amazon, or Wally World for under $70.00 (except Cabela's):

Wrinkles from being boxed up.

Installation took no time at all. I may get a rear rack extender for easier access to the straps.

I prefer this style over the hard shelled containers do to its flexibility for storage and lower stance to allow for better visibility to the rear.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like it. Looks real nice and plenty of storage. Only question is could someone riding on the backseat use it as a back rest? Is it sturdy enough to lean up against for some support?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I had one (or the Stearns/Mad Dog branded version) on my old wheeler. Decent bag for the price..... a few weeks back I read a post about putting semi rigid foam in it to help it hold it's form. I liked that idea, but don't have a bag..... just passing the idea along, if you r interested.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only question is could someone riding on the backseat use it as a back rest? Is it sturdy enough to lean up against for some support?
They could use it as a back rest if it were full of gear. It may be sturdy enough for quick or short rides, especially with a younger/smaller rider. I bought it more for storage. If hauling a passenger a lot, you should look into a Touring model.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Coleman makes some nice soft bags , the one I use to have had a cover that pulled out of the zippered bottom rear compartment of the bag and it would go up and over the bag itself and cover it and the whole machine . The cover had elastic around the bottom and fit nice to the machine. The bag was called the Coleman Xtreme ATV BAG.
I now use the Cabelas Tac ATV Bag System . This bag is also a very nice bag that has a lot of Molle loops to attach things to . I like it the most because I bought the matching soft gun case that can be attached on top or on the rear of the bag. I attached it on the rear of the bag and it sits on and is also supported nicely by my rear Polaris bumper. It comes with a small cover that just covers the bag itself. Comes in black and camo.

·
Registered
729 Posts
man i cant find them . found on their web site but no price or part number argggh
Which one are you looking for ? If you look in Cabelas Auto and ATV catalog you will find several Coleman and the Cabelas complete Tac System and also some other bags and hard cases.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the same model in Camo that I purchased from Wally World for $70.00. So far I've been very pleased with it. I keep a wide variety of items in the storage compartments; anything that can't handle getting wet goes in a Ziploc for added protection. The additional padded seat comes in handy for occasional low speed passenger hauling; I'd buy again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the same model in Camo that I purchased from Wally World for $70.00. So far I've been very pleased with it. I keep a wide variety of items in the storage compartments; anything that can't handle getting wet goes in a Ziploc for added protection. The additional padded seat comes in handy for occasional low speed passenger hauling; I'd buy again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I used to have a black Kolpin bag on my old wheeler and found it very useful. Unfortunately I sold the old bag with my old wheeler. I have been looking at these Coleman bags and plan on grabbing one. They appear to be a decent bag for the price.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Our local Walmart has them in the Automotive department also..... there is a small section of Coleman atv type accessories. Usually they are near the reciever hitch / trailer accessories.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just bought one at Walmart for 68 bucks, they had black and camo, bouoght the black one, nice bag for 70 bucks

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had one back when i had my 400. Go to target they have little plastic totes (2.00$ a piece) that fits right in the side parts of the bag with a top to them. Makes it nicer with a rider they have something a little harder to lean on. For the very back part (backrest) I put a 12 pack soft cooler (12.00$) in there and made it a little bit more ridget to lean on as well and you have a cooler.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I had one back when i had my 400. Go to target they have little plastic totes (2.00$ a piece) that fits right in the side parts of the bag with a top to them. Makes it nicer with a rider they have something a little harder to lean on. For the very back part (backrest) I put a 12 pack soft cooler (12.00$) in there and made it a little bit more ridget to lean on as well and you have a cooler.
Both very good ideas! :idea:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts