Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally picked up my Scrambler 1000 today after ordering late December. So far I have added Polaris hand warmers a Polaris winch and debating changing out the factory tires, any feedback on the Carlisle 489 II? I can't wait for it to warm up so I can take if for a ride. The factory exhaust sound amazing for the short ride around the parking lot!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Congrats man...

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Finally picked up my Scrambler 1000 today after ordering late December. So far I have added Polaris hand warmers a Polaris winch and debating changing out the factory tires, any feedback on the Carlisle 489 II? I can't wait for it to warm up so I can take if for a ride. The factory exhaust sound amazing for the short ride around the parking lot!
They suck? Seriously, they suck.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ haha i hear this from almost everybody who get the machines with these tires.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats...it is a fun machine, I have been ripping up my yard even with 2" of ice and 6" of snow on top. Awesome power

Well few like the factory tires, depends on rider type....if your even considering a switch then do and don't look back!

·
Registered
123 Posts
This is the same tire that came on my 2013 850HO...they just dont hook up with th 850's power....Im sure they wont hook up the best with a 1000cc.

At the same time surely ride it a little to break it in on the stock set up?...but almost bet you wont be satisfied with the tire hook up.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome to the club
now comes the longest 10hrs of break in time:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Awesome! I picked mine up yesterday!!! Haven't had a chance to ride except a few short bursts, and this thing is probably going to kill me!!! I love it.

On order: 5" Outkast lift, Snorkel and 32.5's!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrat's on the purchase!
Transfer case went out on my truck today 6 weeks out of warranty so I will have to live with factory tires for a while.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the club

now comes the longest 10hrs of break in time:)

What are you talking about? That's the absolute worst thing you can do. Beat the crap out of it before it is too late to seat the rings.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
any feedback on the Carlisle 489 II? I can't wait for it to warm up so I can take if for a ride.
The only tire they are better than are the 489 I.

·
Registered
388 Posts
stock tires are awesome
and I will have a set for sale soon:fest06:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Stock tires lol

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
How do I post photos I have a few of her just stock but my rims will be in tom r so then it's off to add the termantors an she will b ready for me as soon as I return from alaska

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Off-Road Forums mobile app

·
Registered
116 Posts
I with snowman u brake a motor in the same way u intend on riding from now on give her hell

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
How do I post photos I have a few of her just stock but my rims will be in tom r so then it's off to add the termantors an she will b ready for me as soon as I return from alaska

Easiest way is to use a third party site like photobucket or flickr and copy and paste the BB code that looks like img:....

Or you can use the manage attachments tab underneath the dialog box where you type your post.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
So can u get more ground clearance by adjusting the shocks ? What are yall setting them at

·
Registered
553 Posts
A HUGE CONGRATS!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts