Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday I picked up my new SP570 with EPS and got to ride it today for the first time - put about 15 trail miles on it. I love it - I got it with EPS because of shoulder problems and it really seems to be working as expected. Quick and powerful as compared to my SP500 that I traded - for me, it will take some getting used to. Seating is good, battery is more accessible, EFI is great. The only complaint I have is that at about 4000 rpms there is a loud vibration up front - probably a loose heat shield, no big deal - everything else is fine. Had winch installed and rack extension and front brush guard were backordered.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Very nice.. I've got one of these on my radar as well.. With you having owned a 500 before this.. You're the ideal person to report on your experience with it.. Would love to hear your opinions on its quality, fit and finish and how easy or difficult you find it to be to service yourself.. Enjoy!..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fit and finish on this one is great - actually a little better than my '12 sp500 - what amazed me is how quick it is to respond to the throttle - it is quite snappy, haha. It also seems to sit higher than my '12. Like it!

·
Registered
85 Posts
How does the engine sound... Particularly engine knock. I have the 2012 sp500 like you had and once warmed up it has a pretty good knock under load. I've tried everything to lessen the knock that has been suggested here without success.
I know the 500 is a proven engine but I hate engine noise... That is my one and only complaint about the 2012 sp500 (not to mention the fuel valve location).

Your new 570 looks great... Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Concerning the noise in the front end, and since you had a winch installed, perhaps something wasn't tightened up correctly. After I had some major repairs done on the front diff of my machine, I found that the wires to the winch control switch were hooked up backwards...OUT is IN....IN is OUT. The techs at the dealerships don't always get it right.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The vibration noise turned out to be just the heat shield rattling against the exhaust pipe behind the right side panel. Nothing serious.
Concerning the engine noise question, I believe that the 570 is a much quieter engine than my '12 sp 500 engine - I'm not a mechanic so I cant get into the specifics but overall it is a much quieter machine - it really is worth looking into if your thinking of upgrading.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's great to hear about the engine nose. EFI, no choking and EPS are very nice upgrades... I'm tempted :) Thanks for the feedback and good luck with your new machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts