Polaris ATV Forum banner

441 - 460 of 480 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
It looks to me like it has the 850 style seat...I could be wrong though. Does that box even exist at this point, as I haven't had much luck finding it for sale? Supposedly it doesn't fit the new ones, but it possibly could be customized slightly and it would work?

With some luck you could pick up one off eBay. I've seen several over the last few months ranging from $60 to $100
I will definitely pick one up it someone confirms it fits on the 2016 tourings.
I don't know what was Polaris thinking when they decided to discontinue these :pat:

·
Registered
29 Posts
It looks to me like it has the 850 style seat...I could be wrong though. Does that box even exist at this point, as I haven't had much luck finding it for sale? Supposedly it doesn't fit the new ones, but it possibly could be customized slightly and it would work?

With some luck you could pick up one off eBay. I've seen several over the last few months ranging from $60 to $100
I will definitely pick one up it someone confirms it fits on the 2016 tourings.
I don't know what was Polaris thinking when they decided to discontinue these :pat:
Baffling for sure. I watched some videos of older Tourings and saw that the bodywork was the same so therefore I assumed things like this box still worked. Oops. I didn't expect Polaris to regress with things like accessory selection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here she is.
If that's a 2016, how did you get the rear seat hole filler box? I've been trying to sort this issue out on mine for the past two months.
X2 what he said

x3......what you dudes said!

One of the local Polaris stealers gave me the same part when he looked it up in what I think was the "Lock & Ride" catalog(?). Price was $99 and said they could knock it down to $90. Didn't sound too bad....at least not as bad as what I thought it would be since accessories seem so expensive.

My question is: Does it mount nice and clean? Sturdy? I ask because I thought I read somewhere that some folks were disappointed in the way it mounted in the hole/area.........kinda 'flimsy' and rattled around.

I think that is the perfect spot to carry some extra things and I would sure like to make use of that spot cuz I mostly ride without the passenger seat.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ordered some 26" bear claw HTR's to see how I like them.
Do post back photos and your thoughts, interested in getting the same tires also in 26".
Will do. I got the fronts and just by a side by side comparison I love the HTR's. I just ordered the rears and should be here sometime next week so I'll post up some pics once they are on:headbang:
Just curious.....at some point in the next 6-12 months I will probably need some tires. I presently have Maxxis BigHorns on there. Have you ever used the BigHorns? Was curious about the comparison, opinions, etc..

I reckon there s probably specific threads for that topic, huh?

·
Registered
84 Posts
2012 850 Sportsman Touring H.O. w/EPS

Maxxis BigHorns
Aluminum A-arm protectors (4)
12" LED light bar
new Badlands 3500lb. winch
front cargo rack
brush guards: front & rear
rear cargo boxes
windshield & mirrors

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Added an LED bar to my Touring. She's still rolling strong. 1800 miles and counting.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like this quad too. It's a pity I don't have TURF system, but is ok ;)

Continuing vacations, we moved to another region of Poland. Polaris likes traveling on a trailer very much;)

441 - 460 of 480 Posts