Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my old 40 pilot jet for my 2013 polaris 500 HO. I recently ordered swamp xl, k&n air filter and new jets. The main jet came but they never sent me my 45 pilot jet. Now I have received my 45 pilot jet but looks different then my old. Let me know if you think the new one with orfices on the side will work or I need to get 45 pilot similar to my 40 pilot jet.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I believe the holes are on the inlet side so it shouldnt matter as long as the ID is the same. The holes allow for more fuel to be available when needed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Which one is the new and which one is the old? ?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New one has ports on side and old doesn't. The old has slightly longer flare then new as well. The new is known to be a bleed and oem is non bleed. Just wondering if new will work or not. Also waiting on hmf to reply via email. Gonna try this either way

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They gave me 155, 160 and 165 mains. Original was a 150. I put in a 160 main. They recommend with their swamp xl muffler and k&n filter that you put in a 45 pilot jet and a 165 main. I know my quad was rich already as my plug was black. I am in calgary ab at about 3200 ft altitude. Should I take the 45 out then and put the 40 in or just see what happens.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I tried the 45 and it was to rich, had hard time idling even after adjusting idle up. Took apart again and put in 40 pilot jet and 155 main. Seems to be running at idle much better, had to turn down idle. I also turned are mixture out 1/4 turn.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Once I get a chance to run it I will see how it works. Only able to run up and down my street pissing off the neighbours, haha. Seems to run well but I've been told bikes tend to act or run the best when there lean but is not good for the engine. I am going to play with it and make tweaks as I go. It's not hard to change the jets on these 500s. Had it running with 45 pilot, ran it, and changed to the 40 pilot within 30 min.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts