Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Highlifter Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 19 HL 1000 about a month ago. I read that the pinion plate does not need upgraded for the 2019 and 2020 years. Anyone confirm thats true or not? Thanks

·
9,430 Posts
Polaris went to a steel pinion cover beginning in 2018 that is supposed to cure the breaking problem. Some still replace them with the thicker aluminum billet ones anyway for peace of mind I suppose. I haven't seen any verifiable evidence that the new steel ones fail but can't say for sure. My 2018 1k is still intact after 2500 miles. I don't abuse it either though. I'm running large heavy tires in some pretty extreme terrain but I also don't do any major jumping or unnecessary WOT spinning so as to place extra stress on it... so far so good!

·
Premium Member
7,682 Posts
Really haven't heard of any issues with the new plate.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 Highlifter Edition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I dont ride to often in really extreme terrain but when I am I just wanted to make sure I am good. I went on a ride with it last week and everything worked great. There was others on some quads with tires that had to use 4x4 to get through holes where I left it in 2x4 and didnt spin at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts