Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of pitbull tires for my 850 xp, I love them, they are soft and they grab the Moab rock better than anything I have ever used, the ride is excellent also, I did tear a side wall on the rear and had to plug it the first day, but was able to finish the trip. The main problem is they are going to wear out fast. Anyone else tried them?? Thanks Ron

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
First off, welcome to the board!

·
Banned
4 Posts
Pit bull tires

Just ordered a CX frame and now need tires. Mostly used for urban travel, trips to the store, but also to ride some single track on weekends. Can one tire really do it all?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Maxxis Bighorns will probably last a little longer than most tires Aperge.

·
Banned
8 Posts
Pit bull tires

Next friday i am buying a set of rims and i need to know which tires would be good for them for my 73 maverick.

The rims are :

2- 15x7"
2- 15x8"

I would like the front to be a little lower than the back but its not THAT important. What would be some good size tires?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you buy the Rockers or the Growlers
26.5 or 27.5

·
Banned
8 Posts
Pit bull tires

You can have the speedo recalibrated for about 100 bucks I believe. But yes the tires will be fine, I wonder why they think 205s are spec on a 98?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got a pair of pittbull rockers in 26.5 great tire for all tybes of trails they do run a little big. great in mud and clay they hook like no other my dads bighorns some spining every in 4x4 pittbulls no problem great sidwalll best tire can find around

·
Registered
673 Posts
can any of you guys post a pic with your pitt bulls... I was thinking about getting the growlers, but now that ronster12 said they arent going to last long, maybe the bighorns

·
Registered
324 Posts
can any of you guys post a pic with your pitt bulls... I was thinking about getting the growlers, but now that ronster12 said they arent going to last long, maybe the bighorns
The Rockers will have a long lifespan, possible even longer than the BH.

·
Registered
667 Posts
i am going to sell my horns to buy a set of the growlers 27.5x14 when they come out next month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am going to sell my horns to buy a set of the growlers 27.5x14 when they come out next month.
I was thinking of getting the 27.5s but I wasn't sure how the clutches were going to handle the taller tire and the extra grip. I decided to get the 25.5s for now and maybe experiment with a clutch kit. I thought if I started out with a smaller tire, it wouldn't put too much stress on the drivetrain if I accidently get into a situation that would normally cause something to break.

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
how much did you pay for your horns SNW629? I was at a dealer today and they showed me retail of 169.00 each and i found them online for about 90.00. The dealer was telling me there must be something wrong with them cause they are so cheap. I dont believe that, i just think its a way better deal. What do you think since you have a set...

·
Registered
814 Posts
how much did you pay for your horns SNW629? I was at a dealer today and they showed me retail of 169.00 each and i found them online for about 90.00. The dealer was telling me there must be something wrong with them cause they are so cheap. I dont believe that, i just think its a way better deal. What do you think since you have a set...

That dealer is just screwing with you. I also believe you just found a better deal. I got a set of Holeshot HDs for $60 shipped for 2. They were in like new condition, sometimes you just get good deals:top:

·
Registered
667 Posts
$388 for my horns. they are for sale $250 plus shipping.
my 28" zillas are also for sale $250 plus shipping.
100 miles on the horns.
300 miles on the zillas.
pm me.

·
Registered
673 Posts
yea i was seeing them for 379.00.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts