Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a ride up there in mid march.

Anybody wanna meet up there?

What can I expect up there? is It a good place to ride? are they strict about rules?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Keep an eye on their website. They are doing some lead remediation work, therefore some of the trails are closed. They may be done by then.
You will be required a helmet and a flag on your machine. Pretty easy going there, just no rod-headin' it in the parking lot. No 2-up riding ,unless your machine is made for it.
about half sand area,half dirt trails, some good hills. good time.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Its pretty fun. I'm planning to go to Waynoka in april/may but may go to this. St Joe is fun. Snapped and trashed the rear end on my Raptor there, not a fun day.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4getful2 is it big enough for all day? Im gonna drive up there from 3hrs away for a day trip

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Waynoka is in Oklahoma. Awesome sand dunes. tons of fun. Its a 6 hr drive for me and always worth it.

St. Joe is worth a day trip. Last time I went it was a weekend deal. In the summer time they have a few small lakes with swimming beaches. Camp area is pretty nice too.

Here are some pics of Waynoka on one of my trips. Just some small views.
There is much more sand with taller dunes not shown.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was at St. Joe a year ago, even with the work going on there is plenty of trails to ride. We camped for a few days and didn't run out of places to ride. You'll have a good time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
St. Joe is around 2,000 acres so it's fairly large. Lots of wide open places to run in the sand. Lots of trails with some really big hills. Some fairly good mud holes. Easily justifiable to make a day trip there. I may have interest in meeting up there in mid march depending on my schedule.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I too may take part on this trip. Depends on the timing. March is right around the corner

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The more the merrier. Its lookin like march 22 is the day I'm planning on. How's that work?

·
Registered
815 Posts
I could probably make that happen. Ill stay the night since it's a 4 hour drove.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im figuring about 2.5 hrs to get there. My wife won't agree to a over night stay lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yup. Been there 2 times with a raptor group. Only once brought my quad but it was a blast. Sand area is pretty large, nice trails all throughout the surrounding trees and some seriously steep hill climbs. It's a fun trip.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ya decently long from what I remember. Been over a year since I was there

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else wanna join? I got a couple buddies supposed to come.

·
Registered
815 Posts
surely more people can come than just us

1 - 20 of 181 Posts