Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
What would increasing the friction accomplish?

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
yes, we need more information on what you're trying to do.

Rack extenders are a great accessory to keep stuff on the machine and to help tie things down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its impossible to place a 5 gal pail or milk crate on the racks and expect them to stay with a bungee cord. I do have rack extenders but they don't help a whole lot. Would like some sort of none skid tape or similar

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
Its impossible to place a 5 gal pail or milk crate on the racks and expect them to stay with a bungee cord. I do have rack extenders but they don't help a whole lot. Would like some sort of none skid tape or similar
I've never had any issues getting things to stay on my racks with the extensions and bungees, ropes, or straps. care to share some pictures of how you're securing things?

I don't think grip tape would be your best bet because of the rough surface of the rack, as it's not perfectly smooth, your adhesion wouldn't be great. but if you were to remove the rack and plasti-dip it or use some sort of spray on bed liner material, that might help a little.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Buy the new 850 you will be able to fit 3 pails on it. :wink

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
How about laying down a piece of rubber. Lay it between your rack and 5gal. buckets and bungee them. The rubber should grip both surfaces nicely and protect the rack at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts