Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any special tools needed to remove front and rear fenders? Going to wire up front fog lights and rear work lights. 850 xp sportsman

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
The pliers that come in the Polaris tool kit have a tip that is made for pulling the plastic push pins out. Other than that no.

You will have to loosen the hose clamp for the gas cap neck. The cap and neck can stay on the body plastic when removed. You will want to insert something inside that tank hose to prevent contamination into the tank or fumes escaping. I found an aerosol can top that was the right size to stick in there and re-tighten the clamp down.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Also has some torx head screws. Torx bits are not real common I guess.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I got plastic off. Thanks for help. I got switches installed into headlight pod and now time to bolt on the work light tail lights and wire everything up.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey sunset i gotta question for you

Hope you can educate me. I have an 03 500 sportsman. Do I have to disconnect or do something to the gear shifter to get front plastic off. I cant get plastic past that darn thing but don't want to screw anything up. any suggestions tips or tricks. thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts