Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 xp 850ho and after riding for about 15 minutes I noticed the plastics below the rear rack are getting really hot! I checked all the heat shields and everything looks fine.. nothing missing, nothing out of place. Is this common? I don't need a melted rear end! I am also thinking about a big gun slip-on.. will this help keep the temps down a bit?

·
Registered
417 Posts
When mine starts getting hot I know it's time to change the plugs. You might want to also open your clean out plug. Sounds like the muffler is a little obstructed. The instructions are in your operating manual

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know! My bike only has 400 miles on it so I'm doubting plugs.. but I didn't know there was a cleanout! I don't have an owner's manual because I bought it used...Time to get one I suppose!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yea man. The plug is on the bottom of the muffler. Can't miss it.. rev the engine and tape it with a Mallett :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
721 Posts
The trunk is good for keeping extra gloves warm, drying out clothes and warming your lunch :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wifes ass on fire from location of exhaust pipe and muffler anyway to mount it different?
Thinking of wrapping it with motorcycle exhaust wrap.

Kizmet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts