Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the last time i changed my buttons I went with a 1 on the helix and two on the other part. Lol! Brain freeze. But a belt mix up and just changed the buttons and a new belt with factory set up of 2-2. I like the 1-2 better and might tear down again to try a one and three to see what happens. Factory parts all around. Last set of buttons till I get a whole new set up on the clutches. New primary spring and weights with a whole new secondary all together. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The tension on the spring effects how fast the secondary shifts out as well as how fast the backshift is. The adjustments go like this. Lightest to stiffest, helix hole-clutch hole.

1-3, 1-2, 2-3, 1-1, 2-2, 2-1 Most come at 2-2 from the factory. The 1-2 will let it shift out faster and load the motor more. Can make them quicker off the line if it doesn't load them up to much, but will take away some of the backshift speed coming out of the corners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The tension on the spring effects how fast the secondary shifts out as well as how fast the backshift is. The adjustments go like this. Lightest to stiffest, helix hole-clutch hole.

1-3, 1-2, 2-3, 1-1, 2-2, 2-1 Most come at 2-2 from the factory. The 1-2 will let it shift out faster and load the motor more. Can make them quicker off the line if it doesn't load them up to much, but will take away some of the backshift speed coming out of the corners.
what does the qsc mud pro helix for the secondary do?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
The angle it is cut at is different than stock. Depends on what tires you have and what you're looking to get out of it. Sometimes it's steeper, sometimes shallower. Usually requires a different spring along with it to get the most out of it. Along with a good primary setup it will give you back the lost performance from bigger or heavier tires or move the power band to where you need it. "mud pro" is just a marketing term, they are not specific to mudders.

·
Registered
815 Posts
how do you do this on a machine that has ebs?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
You have to replace the secondary spring completely or change the angle of the helix to work with the stock spring with a roller secondary that uses a compression spring instead of a torsion spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts