Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a couple quick questions. I have a 2005 sportsman 700 twin. I was wondering if I am keeping the stock tires and rims do you have any suggestions for a clutch kit? And what springs would you suggest for my front end sag? Sorry if you have heard these questions a million times. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a forum member: ridingagain, he is a dealer for QSC kits, and they are some of the best out there. As for the springs, i've had good luck with the Highlifter HD springs.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you are staying stock on the tires and wheels you don't need anything unless you want to ramp it up a bit . Ridinagain (Ryan) can definitely hook you up on that aspect.
I ran my machine for a good while with heavier radials and was OK with it but figured it was time to see what all the hype was about with the clutch kits. I can kick my self in the ass for not doing it all at one time. My machine actually performs waaay ! better now than when I had the light weight stock tires on it. Talk to Ryan he'll get you all clutched up the right way.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you are staying stock on the tires and wheels you don't need anything unless you want to ramp it up a bit . Ridinagain (Ryan) can definitely hook you up on that aspect.
I ran my machine for a good while with heavier radials and was OK with it but figured it was time to see what all the hype was about with the clutch kits. I can kick my self in the ass for not doing it all at one time. My machine actually performs waaay ! better now than when I had the light weight stock tires on it. Talk to Ryan he'll get you all clutched up the right way.
Really, is it that much differance? My Sportsman 500 HO EFI has stock tires on it ans I have been considering a radial all round tire upgrade. Bighorns, Sparticus, something like those and probably some delta steel wheels (4+3) for the offset I'll need in the front. My machine came stock with 26/8/12 fronts and 26/11/12 rears.
If I went with 25" tires, would I lose much top end?

If I stay with the 26" I will lose some performance due to weight I'm sure but what will a clutch kit do for me?

Sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys. I will get a hold of Ryan. I don't think I will be putting new rims or tires anytime soon unfortunately. I just wanted to put a little pep in its step. My buddy just got a 2010 can am 650 and keeps running his mouth how much nicer his is then mine. I just wanted to put my best foot forward when I go riding with him this summer by doing a couple small mods.Thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Really, is it that much differance? My Sportsman 500 HO EFI has stock tires on it ans I have been considering a radial all round tire upgrade. Bighorns, Sparticus, something like those and probably some delta steel wheels (4+3) for the offset I'll need in the front. My machine came stock with 26/8/12 fronts and 26/11/12 rears.
If I went with 25" tires, would I lose much top end?

If I stay with the 26" I will lose some performance due to weight I'm sure but what will a clutch kit do for me?

Sorry for the hijack
I went from stock 26" down to 25" tires on my 08 500, ran it that way a couple months & it performed better than with stock tires, now ive upgraded to 27" tires, installed a clutch kit & have lost top end big time. im actually thinking of removing the clutch kit & putting stock clutching back in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts