Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding my Sportsman 500 4X4 HO out on the ice today and out of no where it stopped going anywhere. It is still running and the shifter moves between gears but it won't actually shift gears? Help please!!! :'(

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did the drive belt snap? Did you hear a big bang or anything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
belt...

Possibly ... I'm inside now I'm going to look at it tomorrow after work considering its 3 degrees outside...I did hear a bang I'm just trying to find out what possibilities it is while also being optimistic lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have never had it happen yet, but remove the belt housing and see how it looks. Or, maybe someone else will chime in. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea..

That's what I thought too when it happened but I always assume the worst like its the trans or something and I'd die without my baby lol thanks!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
There is a ton of YouTube videos on how to replace the belt. Good ol' youtube.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The kinda girl that didn't know it was her belt in the first place. Haha. :)

·
Premium Member
10,361 Posts

this is the #1 of a four part video on how to do a clutch kit on the value lines so all the info u will need to inspect and change ur belt is in those vids.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The kinda girl that didn't know it was her belt in the first place. Haha. :)
Or didnt feel it in the foot rest or against your ankle when it blew. Usually the belt lets you know with a good thump. Good live and learn experience, use low range if you already shreaded a belt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks

Okay thanks and I already said that's what I thought it was but I hadn't looked at it and wanted other possibilities or opinions

·
Registered
141 Posts
Okay thanks and I already said that's what I thought it was but I hadn't looked at it and wanted other possibilities or opinions
We're just messin' with you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts