Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two stroke newbie here, first question would be... I just stumbled across a 2000 scrambler 400 two stroke with the 4x4 option for 350$ good deal or not? apparently it runs but I havnt been able to start it up because the guy I bought It off of cross threaded the bolt that holds the primary clutch on and im scared if I start it the clutch will break other stuff. Do you think if I took my quad to a machinist he would be able to fix the crank shaft? lets say re thread or something? or am I going to have to tear the motor out and replace the crank? aand second thing, any little tricks to get that effin bolt out? I really don't think heat would work seeing as the clutch's are still on it..... :/ ANY help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Actually, you've posted your question in the wrong Scrambler section. This is the Scrambler xp 850 section, a whole different atv than you're talking about.

The Scrambler section you need is just above this one. That's your best bet for the info you seek. Good luck !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts