Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Problem:
I have a 2012 Polaris Sportsman 850 touring and I bought a plow assembly which included the plow, frame and mounting plate, however, the mounting plate didn't fit on my ATV so I bought another mounting plate for my ATV (it is a Glacier II mounting plate - part # 2876593) and installed it and guess what? It wasn't the correct one. Connection bars are too wide on the mounting plate as you can see on the last photo. Before, I buy another mounting plate, I hope someone out there knows the correct mount for this application.
I don't know exactly what the make/model of plow frame I have but I've attached a few pics.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
You have a mixure of mounts, plows and what not that I don't think go together. You may have to stick with the mount that is on the bike, and get a new plow.... did you try bringing it to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Plow mount might be for a side by side. Plow looks right. I have installed a few of them and the mount on the bike is wide enough that it probably goes to a Ranger.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did take it to a couple dealers and they couldn't find anything that would work and assumed that it was a part that they no longer stock.
I bought the plow from a gentleman that had it on the early 2000 model year of the Sportsman.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have similar problem...my old plow, which has the 17'' mount like you show, came with my 60'' plow and Tracks. Without the tracks the plow frame arms are too tall. I do suspect it was designed for a ranger.
Found the same Plow you have- with 12'' frame grabbers- for sale cheap and bought it. Now trying to find the frame mount that is about 12 inches across. Only part i've found is 2876593, which you show as 17 inches?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also- if you still have it...can you post a pic of the frame mount that came with the plow but didn't fit ATV? It would be helpful to know the shape, possibly part number, of the intended frame mount for that plow frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts