Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Sptmns 500 with 11,600 miles. I think its time to add a plow. I will need the WHOLE system. Does anyone have any suggestions. The ATV currently does not have a winch.
Thinking about a manual lift type, unless that would be a mistake let me know. Brands and part #'s would be great.

Bruce

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had a Cycle Country plow for years on several different Yamahas. It held up well with no problems. I did have a winch but if I were to get another plow I would get the manual lever that mounts on the front rack. I think it would be faster and a lot less hassle. With a winch you need to use a short cable for a plow or you will have cable problems. Changing the cable on some machines twice a year can be a pia.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Eagle , KFI , Viper , and Warn are all top quality plows.
The manual levers are a pain in the butt , do yourself a favor and invest in the winch and it will be there if you need it for other reasons. I prefer the belly or center mount plow systems.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't go manual! I have the same machine with a 54" Warn plow and a 2500 lb Warn winch. If you get a winch make sure to go with rope instead of cable for plowing. If you don't want to get on/off the machine to change the angle of the blade get the Warn Power Pivot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce!.... enough is enough...we have to see this on all post...STOP this crap....waste of time seeing it over and over

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Bruce is the moderator and is just doing his job.
You may want to look up ,THOR, on here and check his blade setups. For the older machines, his have a bit more lift than most.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Bruce!.... enough is enough...we have to see this on all post...STOP this crap....waste of time seeing it over and over
Dude Relax!!! Bruce is a moderator and the post is done automatically by the forum software on its own to people when they make their first post. Now that you have the whopping total of 2 you wont see it again with reference to you..:flowers1:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dude Relax!!! Bruce is a moderator and the post is done automatically by the forum software on its own to people when they make their first post. Now that you have the whopping total of 2 you wont see it again with reference to you..:flowers1:
I dont mind the welcome stuff...its all the other stuff...you did the same thing. Added a bunch of garbage to your message....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts