Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who has been kicking around snow plow purchases pulled the trigger yet? I've pretty much made my mind up on the front mount WARN Provantage 60". Primarily for the standard blade height. The Moose was marginally lower and Polaris was quite a bit lower. Rest sort of equal in my opinion. Won't be long now:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm looking at the WARN Provantage 60" as well but depending on how I look up the parts for my machine the WARN site I get conflicting information. One area says there is no front mount for my machine and another area lists a front mount. I called WARN and the guy at the other end didn't know what to tell me. I found a WARN dealer who quoted me a good price but even he has no experience with plows so I need to make sure of the part numbers first.

AD18, what machine do you have?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2013 Sportsman 500 HO

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have a WARN mid mount on 2013 500. I may have the paperwork still if you want me to look

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks whoppinpeelies, I've got a 2006 Sportsman 800, I know the mid mount is available for sure, I was hoping to get a front mount.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Has anyone who has been kicking around snow plow purchases pulled the trigger yet? I've pretty much made my mind up on the front mount WARN Provantage 60". Primarily for the standard blade height. The Moose was marginally lower and Polaris was quite a bit lower. Rest sort of equal in my opinion. Won't be long now:)
Don't let the blade height become an issue for you. You will get blow back of the light fluffy snow no matter what the blade height is, just the nature of the beast. 6 to 8 inches of heavy wet snow is about all you will want to push at a time anyway. Any higher you should do it in stages. Just remember the more steel you have hanging off the front end the stress on the machine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Moose County blade mid mount. $250 bucks on Craigslist. 2012 500HO Had to buy a new wear bar, which I think was 35 bucks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same situation as you with the same bike. I've narrow my choice down to the warn provantage 60" front mount vs the American Eagle 60" front mount. I'm leaning toward the Eagle. Its heavier duty and made with heavier gauge steel in America. The warn is Chinese.

The moose plows are over priced :(

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
Polaris G3 here. Love the quick attach system, and mounting in 2 places.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I do really like the quick attach system of the Polaris setup, but the blade only being 12" high, does scare me a bit. Or do you have one of the other Polaris blade types? I get a fair bit of drifting on my lane way and in my opinion Warn blade being taller is better. Just wondering.......

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I do really like the quick attach system of the Polaris setup, but the blade only being 12" high, does scare me a bit. Or do you have one of the other Polaris blade types? I get a fair bit of drifting on my lane way and in my opinion Warn blade being taller is better. Just wondering.......
Angle the blade. I would not worry about the height, because if you get that much snow in one shot, you will need multiple passes to clear it anyway.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Angle the blade. I would not worry about the height, because if you get that much snow in one shot, you will need multiple passes to clear it anyway.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I suspect being up Innisfil way you are used to getting whacked with rather significant snow falls. I guess the 12" blade would get a work out regularly. The WARN blade is 17 3/4" high, ever wish you had the additional 5 3/4" blade height?

·
Registered
6,824 Posts

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
I suspect being up Innisfil way you are used to getting whacked with rather significant snow falls. I guess the 12" blade would get a work out regularly. The WARN blade is 17 3/4" high, ever wish you had the additional 5 3/4" blade height?
Not really. I do a few passes yo clean up the windrows anyway.

A friend of mine up north has the Polaris Razor style blade on his 04.5 500HO, height is not an issue for him either.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Not really. I do a few passes yo clean up the windrows anyway.

A friend of mine up north has the Polaris Razor style blade on his 04.5 500HO, height is not an issue for him either.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.
Ok, good to know. I have a local dealer real close who sells the WARN and a couple of Polaris dealers who are 30-60 minutes away. See who has best final price I guess and go from there. Thanks for you first hand impressions:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey
If you can get a mid mount it will save you from replacing the factory brush guard that the front mount attaches to.. I have the polaris front mount with the glacier plow and I have replaced the factory brush guard 3 times from hitting ice in the driveway and bending the guard mount in.. my 09's Rad is located very close to the mounting bolt holes and last year i almost put the back of the bolt into it. I do not plow fast at all.. low range just chugging along..

·
Registered
772 Posts
factory brush guard? are you talking about the brush guard polaris makes? Can you have a brush guard on and a front mount plow?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just purchased the Polaris factory brush guard/bumper and made absolutely sure with the dealer that the guard and plow system (front mount) would not interfere with each other. He said it would not be an issue what so ever.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Don't let the Tall blade haters sway you, I had the original Glacier plow on the exact same machine as the OP for over 5 years (actually had the plow for 10 and the new owner is still using it), But when I got my 850 I wanted and got the taller blade of the Warn and the front mount for easier plowing, takes 2 seconds to hook up and being a front mount lifts over 30" high, the glacier plows and belly mounts only lift up under half that. Also you will not have to worry about spray coming up over the blade as your not driving 20 mph while plowing, and note that WilliamBoss only has a 400, so he needs to be concerned about the weight of a blade as his machine will most likely struggle to move a bigger snowpile if using a heavy blade, your 800 will handle everything you can throw at.. And I did not see anything wearing out any sooner as my old 800 still has the original front suspension...

Here are picks backing up what I say:

Less passes with the taller blade as less comes over the top and the added weight actually helps scrape down your driveway nicely!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lollygagger77.......you state your concern on the WARN blade size/capacity possibly being an issue with the 400cc machine. I have a 500HO, do you think the bigger WARN blade will be an issue with it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts