Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a plow on the scrambler XP? I see that polaris makes one that might fit, and eagle is making one as well with an undermount or front mount.

I've had an undermount setup on a grizzly and would smash the mount up good if I left it on - I've never used a front mount so I don't know how they compare.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got one. I'm putting it on Sat. If you pay me I'll show you what it looks like. If not buy another Grizzley.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
You wont have that problem if you buy a Polaris Glacier plow,

It only hangs down 1/4" on my 400HO, a Glacier 3.

Thanks,

Will
2012 Sportsman 400HO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plow mount

I am installing the Glacier pro plow from polaris. I was going to install just the mount until it snows, but it look's like the front bumper will have to come off and you will have to cut away a small part of the lower plastic cowling to make the mount fit right. I didn't know any of this before I comitted to the new system, I just wanted to try it out because of how easy it is to hook up the plow and they have a simple plow extension that I'll put on when I put track's on this winter.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
^ i would double check with your dealer. i wouldnt think you should have to trim any factory plastics for a factory plow to fit correctly. if its a polaris bumper i wouldnt think that would have to come off either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I contacted Warn about their Provantage front mount system. I asked if the Sportsman XP mount fit the Scrambler. I'll let you know what they say. I've used the Provantage system before and it was the best I've ever had...

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have the warn provantage on my X2, I have the front mount, it works great, I think I would go with the mid mount if I did it again, the front mount only has 2 large mount bolts, and 2 small 1/4" bolts that thread into the frame, they have loosened up a few times on me, and finally ripped the threads out of the frame. I drilled them out and put speed nuts in, haven't had a problem since that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the warn provantage on my X2, I have the front mount, it works great, I think I would go with the mid mount if I did it again, the front mount only has 2 large mount bolts, and 2 small 1/4" bolts that thread into the frame, they have loosened up a few times on me, and finally ripped the threads out of the frame. I drilled them out and put speed nuts in, haven't had a problem since that.
Good thread - This is exactly what I was looking for!

My main concern is hitting the mount...either a front mount or mid mount.....didn't really think about damaging the frame.

I was at the dealership yesterday and saw a "boss" plow on an atv....didn't even know thy made them for atvs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just put my warn plow from my king quad on.I used the center mount that fits the 550/850 sportsman.Warn said its not listed for the scrambler,but it fit fine,the only thing I had to do was enlarge a hole in a plastic shield undernieth on the right side just a fuzz to make it easier to get the u bolt around the frame.The mount on the king quad use a bear to get on and off so I left it on and bent one of the ears on a rock,but this one is a snap to put on so I'm going to take it off in the spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put a warn winch on as well as the cross country universal plow mount. The mount wasnt hard to put on. You just have to remove the skid plates. It is a nice set up. The plow and winch work great. The only problem is the scrambler doesnt make the greatest quad to plow with. Because it has so much power, I spin all 4 tires alot while plowing. I havent plowed more than 4 or 5 inches at once, so it should be interesting to see what it does with 8 or 12 inches.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put a warn winch on as well as the cross country universal plow mount. The mount wasnt hard to put on. You just have to remove the skid plates. It is a nice set up. The plow and winch work great. The only problem is the scrambler doesnt make the greatest quad to plow with. Because it has so much power, I spin all 4 tires alot while plowing. I havent plowed more than 4 or 5 inches at once, so it should be interesting to see what it does with 8 or 12 inches.
Post some pics!

·
Registered
116 Posts

Yeah pics would be awesome. I have the Ricochet full under skid. So that would have to come off :( and mine has a clutch kit so I'm assuming it would be spinning the whole time lol thank you for the reply though!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
even my 840 touring, spins pretty good. issue is the weight is on the nose and the rear is so light it just dosen't grab at all. I whacked the stone wall on the side of my driveway backing up (uphill) with the plow blade. luckily the Eagle plow is built well. just some powdercoat removal.

It still funner than Shoveling!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used a cycle country middle Mount, Frame, and 60" Poly Blade. The application is for the Sportsman 550/850 XP models. The only negative thing I have found is the Poly blade is not very heavy so it likes to hop a lot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
well polaris mount sucks i can't use my front bumper that cam on the machine from polaris and i have to cut the plastic on the bottom what a pain in the ass this is any ideas would be a big help this is a scrambler 1000 polaris plow quick disconnect

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Scrambler XP 850 HO. I bought a Glacier Pro Plow kit but need the mounting plate. Can I use the one for the 2013 Sportsman XP 850 with minor modifications?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts