Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, the father in law is planning on buying a quad. Not sure of the brand yet---he is shopping around. He is buying a plow for it though. Is there a universal plow system that can mount to different brand quad--my polaris and say he bought an arctic cat? I'm just looking to be able to buy a mount and then both quads can use one plow.

Let me know

Sent from my i-thingy

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
What ever brand plow system you buy will have a specific mounting plate for each quad. So if your FIL buys a Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki or any other.... he will need a mount for that quad. All you'd have to do is buy a mount for the same brand system for your machine. This will make the plow blade and push tubes universal between your machines!

Do you (or he) have a plow system selected or in mind? Many here like the Warn or Eagle Plow Systems as an aftermarket/stand alone manufacturer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thx. I have full ricochet skid plates on. Will a plow mount bolt onto my sp or will they have to be removed?

Sent from my i-thingy

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I believe you will need to remove the skid plate. My eagle plate acts as a skid plate basically. its pretty thick and all steel. shouldn't take too long to swap out once in the spring and once at the end of fall.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I've always wondered if a couple extra holes could be drilled in the skid plates to allow for the plow mountign brackets to be added without removing the skids??? :dunno:

Would a "front mount" solve the need to remove the skids, or only have to alter them ever so slightly???

I wonder if Thor ( @ atvsuperstore.com & member here) would know? He may be a good one to check with as he sells both products and due to his goegraphic location also uses both products!!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've always wondered if a couple extra holes could be drilled in the skid plates to allow for the plow mountign brackets to be added without removing the skids??? :dunno:

Would a "front mount" solve the need to remove the skids, or only have to alter them ever so slightly???

I wonder if Thor ( @ atvsuperstore.com & member here) would know? He may be a good one to check with as he sells both products and due to his goegraphic location also uses both products!!!
http://www.polarisatvforums.com/forums/polaris-sportsman/24308-ricochet-plow-mount-issue.html

I had to drill 4 holes for the u-bolts and modify the front mount to clear the skid plates.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so the F.I.L bought a 54 in warn plow systemn with a center mount. I purchased the center mount for mine at the same time. So when I install the mount is there anything to look out for or is it pretty straight install.

Also, I see that there is some sort of pulley system on the blade for routing the winch cable through. After I route the cable through, where do I hook the end up back to the quad. Is it the ring below the winch?

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TTT. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts