Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I bought a new 570 last week. So now I need a plow. Questions are. Will a 60 in plow work fine? I am thinking of belly mount any reason I should pick front. I plow a couple of smallish spots when it snows grandma's drive way and town alley road around it my 5 vechile wide parking spot and a little of the yard and road. Been light the last couple of years nothing over 6 inches at a time of snow. I have a polaris 54 in adjustable v plow on my 400 xplorer, does anyone make one of those, in my searchs haven't really seen one. I am kinda of cheap why i skipped on the polaris plow but will spend the money if I need to. Figured since winter is getting over some others might have used a plow on their 570's and have opinions to help me make a decision. I have a winch on the four wheeler came with one. Does color matter. I will probably also push some dirt/rock/gravel around. Anyone have a ranking of the plow systems that work with this atv. well off to do some more searching. Been searching the forums so getting ideas thought this might be a tad quicker.

Also can anyone recommond a flag system and where to mount on the atv, Nebraska wants you to have one 5 feet off the ground if you want to use in town or cross highway.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
729 Posts
60" will work just fine , I prefer the belly mount over front mounts. Eagle and KFI brand plow systems are 2 really well made quality products to look at.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
As already stated..... 60" no problem and belly mount is the best (IMO) if you can sacrafice not lifting it to the sky for transit or trailer loading clearance.

I have a Glacier 3 system currently and love it. I've also owned an Eagle and a Cycle Country (both good systems). But I love the install & removal of the Glacier the best.... however the blade itself isn't as "beefy" as the Eagle & KFI's are. Continuing on.... Other "very well built" brands are the Eagle (American Mfg), KFI (KFI) and the Denali (Motoalliance)..... all manufactured in Minnesota USA! The Denali has had a coule lift eye issues, that they are working on revising, since the Polaris 400/500/570/800 models have lowered the winch location..... so if you go with a Denali make sure you call in to make sure you get the new rotated lift eye for your Polaris!!!

Some will state the Warm (Front Mount - China Made)..... but there have been a hand full of issues surface on the forum with those as of lately. But the majority still have good things to say. :dunno:

Good Luck deciding..... you can't go wrong with the Glacier 3, Glacier Pro, Eagle, Denali or KFI.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay thanks much, anyone know of a v plow setup thats available the only one i found seems to be discontuined. How ever you spell it. Well a little more research and can order.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went with 66" Glacier II which is front mount. I love the extra clearance. Nothing to bung up in summer etc. To each his own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts