Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks OldSport, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have the Polaris Front bumper on my machine. The Provantage plow mount has two mounting holes. When I connect the plow to either hole, the winch rope does not have enough clearance from the bumper and rubs on the bumper.

1) Does anyone know how to get around this?
2) Should the plow be mounted on the holes to the front of the machine or the ones further back?
3)The instructions show to put the mount right behind the front skid plate. the skid plate has two holes that would line up with the holes on the mount where the U bolts go through. Which is the correct way to mount it. I'm asking because the instructions they provide are for the regular plow system and not the provantage line.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why get rid of the skids and wear bar? I have my skids set up so the plow sits about 1/8'' above the ground and the weight of the snow will push the blade down to scrape the driveway..
The weight of the snow will only push the blade if there is enough snow. If the blade is not on the ground it will not touch the ground until the snow is heavy enough and the blade can bend. The skid plates are there for gravel so you are not plowing gravel but just leaves 1/8 snow. On cement you do not need the skid plates. Do as others have said, get a synthetic blade, drop the blade to the cement and go at it. As this post states the weight of the snow will push the blade down. But if you do not have 3 or more inches you will leave that 1/8th of snow so now get your shovel out. You did not buy an atv so you could shovel.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts