Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the site for plows. I'm thinking either the American eagle or moose, I like the country style blade. I do know that I want the mid belly mount. any input about ease to use or quality would be appreciated. its going on a 2011 sportsman 550. Thanks

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
American eagle county plows are well built, used mine for six years now, no bends or cracks and it is mid mount, quick and easy to hook up or unhook.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
729 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the eagle belly mount,great quality and easy on and off. Only regret I went with the 54" opposed to the 60", get the extra couple inches you wont have any problem pushing it.
I also recommend the straight blade and just simply lift the pin and angle it when you need to . Get the rubber flap that goes on top of the blade it helps keep stuff from blowing up at you in the deep stuff, mount it on the front side of the blade. I stayed away from the front mount because I didn't want all the stress on the front end.

Viper and Warn are also Quality Brand Plow Systems.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Good choice, you will appreciate how well made and heavy duty they are.

The installation is ptetty straight forward , but if you want some pointers go on YOUTUBE -and search: Rocky Mountain atv/ MC tusk plow install.

The plow install is similar and can be helpful. You don't need to remove your stock skid plate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
County plows are only good for plowing in one direction. So keep that in mind.

Sorry but you are wrong,i plow both directions with the county plow.
He throw farther to the right but plow to the left like a straight plow.
Not in my experience. Yes the county will push snow in either direction, but is clearly designed to excel at pushing in one direction. It is also meant for higher speed clearing as well, not just your average 2 car driveway. Fwiw.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been sitting on this same question now for 3 weeks. Still undecided on the front vs belly mount. I've read that the front mount isn't any harder on the quad than the belly. But not sure I buy it. I like the smaller footprint and quick attachment though. I'm leaning toward eagle over warn.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
729 Posts
Those county plows are made for a long straight push kickin the snow mostly to the one side and returning on the opposite side to finish the run. You still can do a lot of the normal stuff with them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been sitting on this same question now for 3 weeks. Still undecided on the front vs belly mount. I've read that the front mount isn't any harder on the quad than the belly. But not sure I buy it. I like the smaller footprint and quick attachment though. I'm leaning toward eagle over warn.

I know what youre talking about, i finally just had to buy one before i went crazy.
Good choice, you will appreciate how well made and heavy duty they are.

The installation is ptetty straight forward , but if you want some pointers go on YOUTUBE -and search: Rocky Mountain atv/ MC tusk plow install.

The plow install is similar and can be helpful. You don't need to remove your stock skid plate.
Thanks! I'll checkit out.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Sounds like you are all decided already, but will throw my 2 cents in, I think the front mount is the way to go, the blade will lift way higher (like 20" higher) and be way easier on off, I dreaded putting my old belly mount glacier 1 plow on all fall, now I can take mine on and off to go ride whenever I want to take the kids around the block or cruise myself in the snow... And for the little extra torque it puts on your machine it is worth it. I love my Warn front mount with the 60" blade, makes short work of almost any snowfall...

·
Registered
89 Posts
the warn is $10 cheaper than the eagle but if you look at the specs the eagle uses 12 gauge steel vs 14 gauge on the provantage system. The eagle has 11 gauge boxed push tubes. Not sure about the warn. Its probably worth the extra $10.

·
Registered
729 Posts
ibcd the base plate you mount on the bottom of your skid plate can stay on the machine and doesn't take away from ground clearance and acts as added skid protection. When you are ready to plow simply tighten the 4 bolts on the secondary mount and drive over the push tubes and lock your pins in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see the OP has already purchased a plow, but will add my opinion.

I purchased an Eagle front mount and I have tracks on my ATV. With tires and chains I could not plow a heavy snow. The front mount will lift high enough that you can push the snow up and over a large snow bank when you run out of room, which will happen if you get a lot of snow.

I plowed my driveway as wide as I could and still ran out of room to move the snow (snow banks became too large). That was the end of my plowing, back to snow blower.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Plow showed up yesterday. Install went smooth, seems well made i'm happy. In southern ia we get snow but nothing like you guys up north get, i can see how piles get way to big to push over. Shouldnt be too big of a issue here but when that happens its tractor time anyway. Thanks for the input everyone its nice to hear from people that have first hand experence.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Plow showed up yesterday. Install went smooth, seems well made i'm happy. In southern ia we get snow but nothing like you guys up north get, i can see how piles get way to big to push over. Shouldnt be too big of a issue here but when that happens its tractor time anyway. Thanks for the input everyone its nice to hear from people that have first hand experence.
Who did you buy from and where are the pics?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts