Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I purchased a new 570 this last Friday. I'm set up with a winch and a plow. Due to limited space in my garage I have been leaving the plow in the up position.
I was wondering if this will cause any problems leaving it this way? I have had a quad for many years but this is my first time with 4x4 and a plow.
I love the size of this machine. Im6'4" tall and 275 lbs so the extra size is nice.

Anyways thanks in advance for any advice given.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's a lot of weight to leave on your front suspension. Could you put some blocks or jackstands under the blade?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a lot of weight to leave on your front suspension. Could you put some blocks or jackstands under the blade?

I can if needed. I was wondering as I notice how the front of the machine squats a bit when I pick up the plow.
I took it down the road for a 4 mile spin the other day and afterwards was wondering with the blade up it could possibly block a large amount of the air that would normally be getting to the radiator. It did not get hot but was wondering if I should avoid this as well. The temps here have been extremely cold but still was wondering if I should remove the plow before a few mile ride?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I make sure mine is down, as stated it puts a fair load on the front suspension. I always rest the blade on a couple of pieces of wood, but that is mostly to make sure it does not freeze to floor. If it is a quick connect, just unhook it and stand it up right. But then again with all the snow, who has time to take it off:(

·
Registered
286 Posts
Don't know what type of plow you have, but I can take mine off in about ten seconds. If you are limited on space, I would just disconnect the plow and set it aside. I would not leave it up. Too much stress on the ATV and the winch cable.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i would always lower my winch when not in use...less strain on front suspension an also winch...if you have no room in garage..drop plow outside ready for a quick hook up....and pleasure riding with a plow and be iffy..my kid took my suzuki once wioth plow on for a pleasure ride...caught a tree with blade....was ugly..flipped him off ATV an bent blade a bit...had to straighten it....lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would always lower my winch when not in use...less strain on front suspension an also winch...if you have no room in garage..drop plow outside ready for a quick hook up....and pleasure riding with a plow and be iffy..my kid took my suzuki once wioth plow on for a pleasure ride...caught a tree with blade....was ugly..flipped him off ATV an bent blade a bit...had to straighten it....lol
Wow that sounds ugly! I think I'll just take it off and leave it outside. It will come off quick and hadn't even considered that.
Thanks for all the advice folks.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
If you will be doing alot of plowing, it would be worth it to look into Polaris HD springs. (or HL, EPI)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I came home and took the plow off. It's so easy to do I feel stupid for not thinking about it.

Thanks again for all the advice.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
good job Moose..now you can enjoy it with out a plow on it...they are easy to put on an off....just when you hear snow coming..go out and load it on ...saves you doing in the snow...lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts