Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im plowing my driveway and first time i plowed this one. It has rocks along both sides. Do yall have any tricks to not have 3000 rocks in your yard after plowing?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
At the lake what I do is wait until we have a little snow and then pack it down hard and use that as the base layer. I keep the blade above that level so I don't plow the gravel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Plowing Driveway

Been there, done that. First I line my driveway with 36" tall refelector rods right on the edge. Second set your plow shoes 1 1/2" off the ground. I use a 2 X 4 on the flat to set the height. Then don't plow past the edge of the driveway. If you leave a little snow it packs down and makes a good base for the next time. I don't clean up stones any more in the spring. Have fun

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
^ that

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Same thing I deal with doing driveways and parking lots with a truck. Mark the edges of your rock and be sure to lift the plow a couple inches off the ground before going into the rocks. After you drive over them a bit and pack the snow down you can plow right over it till it gets soft again.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
im plowing my driveway and first time i plowed this one. It has rocks along both sides. Do yall have any tricks to not have 3000 rocks in your yard after plowing?
Is the driveway paved with gravel at the edges? If so then disregard setting the plow at 1 1/2 above or using the plow shoes. As mentioned above mark the edges to avoid the gravel. After a few times you will be a pro and the gravel won't even be an issue. Just take your time.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the driveway paved with gravel at the edges? If so then disregard setting the plow at 1 1/2 above or using the plow shoes. As mentioned above mark the edges to avoid the gravel. After a few times you will be a pro and the gravel won't even be an issue. Just take your time.
driveway is black top. Ill monkey around with your guys ideas. Did it once and rocks everywhere lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts