Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys wondering what everyone is doing to get traction while plowing ? I was thinking tire chains but i wasent sure. Im looking to push the snow/more snow further before the tires loose traction. Any help or tips is great!

Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
978 Posts
what kind of tires to you have? Im running maxxis zillas and have no problem pushing snow as far as i want

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I've never needed chains. I added weight to the rear a couple of years ago with an ammo can full of lead ingots. Had some ice on my hill and would spin backing up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of tires to you have? Im running maxxis zillas and have no problem pushing snow as far as i want
Im currently running stock pxt radials... Im saving the new AMS slingshots till spring.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I put 3/8" sheet metal screws in my tires with hex heads works great in stock tires

·
Registered
171 Posts
- 60lb sandbag on front and rear rack

·
Registered
378 Posts
Me. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the stock Carlyle tires and if I need some more traction I have taken my rear cargo box off and put 1 40lb and 2 20lb bags of ice salt on the back and tied them down. They stayed put real well. I had the salt bags anyways. I had thought of putting one or two of the bags right in the cargo box, but was concerned about the plastic being able to handle it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I run chains on rear of mine. Works great but be easy on throttle, they will bite so hard that axles will blow. I just shattered the LR on mine yesterday.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd switch from stock tires or install rear tire chains....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts