Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Eagle,Denali,KFI and Warn are all top notch plow systems.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm pro warn guy myself 54 inch with front mount works great i n my opioin and you can turn it to a bucket for another 200 bucks. Any plow system has there pro and cons. But the warn provantage set up works great for my 500 ho good luck and post what you decided !

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'm not sure which plow to get a warn provantege or a polaris glacier 3
If choosing between these two..... I'd look into the new Pure Polaris Glacier 4 system!

But, if strictly between these two models.... many choose the way of the Warn with the front mount. Good quality, Great lift height, No ground clearance loss (when plow is not installed) and a taller blade height!

I personally have the Glacier III system (mid mount) and have had no complaints what so ever with it. The hooks up and unhooks in just seconds is Great, it is constructed very good, only looses a max of 1/4" of ground clearance (when plow is not installed). As for blade height.... It is a little shorter than the Warn, but I put on a rubber top flap and have had no issues with snow rolling over the top. I chose the Glacier III for the ease of hook up / removal and it's multi-point mounting. Semi mid/front mounting points.... which I feel distributes the force and load better than a strictly front mount, which mounts and hanges out past the front wheels / suspension.

Good luck deciding!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was torn between the Warn Provantage and the Polaris until Cabelas dropped the price of the Warn to $499. My Polaris dealer wouldn't budge on price so I ordered the Warn. Now I'm watching the snow fall and wishing it would get here soon. LOL.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I had the original glacier system and it worked great for years, but when I got my new wheeler I went with Warn due to the price and blade height, the other thing with a taller blade is you get a heavier plow which really scrapes the driveway good even after the wife and kids pack it down, LOL, The front mount Plow will lift higher too for more ground clearance while backing up so you don't bring any snow with you. The only minus of the heavier blade is it may wear on your front end parts a little quicker, but I am willing to deal with that if it anything will even wear out any quicker...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Glacier 3 and I like how it easily mount or removes for riding or plowing.
The side deflectors have a poor bottom bracket and are a little too smal for my needs.

I wish they had a plow that you could pull the snow backward with. So you could put the plow right-up to the garage door and pull the snow back, then turn aroung and push it forward.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have the Glacier 3 and I like how it easily mount or removes for riding or plowing.
The side deflectors have a poor bottom bracket and are a little too smal for my needs.

I wish they had a plow that you could pull the snow backward with. So you could put the plow right-up to the garage door and pull the snow back, then turn aroung and push it forward.
Cycle country makes a universal down pressure kit which is basically a glorified hood strut that keeps an extra 125lb of pressure on the blade so you can back blade. It takes a bit of engineering to get it right on non cycle country plows.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the Glacier II with the 66" Poly blade. Works great but doesn't wing snow as good as my old steel blade did. I moves a lot of snow though, thats for sure!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do your research!

I got my '08 500 x2 with the main purpose of plowing snow, plus some playing at the lake in the summertime. My budget was very limited, and I did what I thought was a lot of research before I ordered a plow, and decided to go with the Denali because of the price and the fact that it was American made. It seemed that more people were going with the mid mount for strength so that was also a consideration. I got to use the plow for the first time this weekend, and it did an amazing job. HOWEVER. I have to change the angle constantly, and getting off of the bike that much is a real pain, and the Denali doesn't offer a power tilt setup. Also, I have to load and unload the bike pretty often, and the blade doesn't go up far enough for loading ease, and I have to back the bike into the truck with the plow hanging out the back of the truck because I chose a 60" blade (I did this so I still have at least a 48" plow path with the blade angled). The front mount goes a lot higher than the mid, and from the further research I have done the front mount is plenty strong. I will probably sell the one I have later on next year and get the American Eagle front mount with the power angle. I would just adapt someone elses power angle to mine but I think a front mount will work better for me. The best advise I could offer anyone is do your research, then do some more.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The father in law just bought a warn pro plow kit for his arctic cat last week. I bought a mid mount for my sportsman so I could use it as well. The true test will happen over xmas..From the little I did plow in my cul-de-sac, it worked very well

·
Registered
772 Posts
get the Glacier. I have the warn front mount and the plow is great but the mount sucks. My buddy has the glacier and it hooks up way better.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The only negative I have about the glacier is the plow height, I definitely make fewer passes having the taller blade vs when I had the original glacier...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got the Glacier 3 with a 60" blade for my X2 that works great on the driveway at the house. In another thread I shared the challenge in using my snowcat tilt trailer and backing the X2 on instead of front loading to get blade on and trailer to tilt down to trailer it out to the farm to plow the lane into the cabin.

Suggestion was given to just get another blade and mount and leave it at the cabin to plow which I like. I'd like to get a flared country plow to throw the snow into the woods but am not finding an OEM version to mount on the G3 mount.

Any suggestions on blades that could easily use the G3 mounting system?

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I've got the Glacier 3 with a 60" blade for my X2 that works great on the driveway at the house. In another thread I shared the challenge in using my snowcat tilt trailer and backing the X2 on instead of front loading to get blade on and trailer to tilt down to trailer it out to the farm to plow the lane into the cabin.

Suggestion was given to just get another blade and mount and leave it at the cabin to plow which I like. I'd like to get a flared country plow to throw the snow into the woods but am not finding an OEM version to mount on the G3 mount.

I wonder if it's possible to get the G3 push tubes and a Eagle Country plow blade, adn mount the two together easily or with only minimum alteration / adaptation (spacer tubes, longer bolts, ect)??

·
Registered
51 Posts

I wonder if it's possible to get the G3 push tubes and a Eagle Country plow blade, adn mount the two together easily or with only minimum alteration / adaptation (spacer tubes, longer bolts, ect)??
Might work. Anyone on the forum own one of the Eagle Country plow blades that could take a photo of the back side attachment area and share measurements of the attachment points for me?

I'll also try the manufacturer and see what they could help with.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts

Might work. Anyone on the forum own one of the Eagle Country plow blades that could take a photo of the back side attachment area and share measurements of the attachment points for me?

I'll also try the manufacturer and see what they could help with.
Yah know what..... I have a Glacier 3 system and I had a Eagle on the 400 when I bought it. Ended up selling the Eagle to my father in law. I can take a couple measurments and get back to you if they would work together.

I'll measure the blade to push tube mounting hole location from ground up to the hole height and the inner and outer widths of the blade and push tube upright support locations. I believe Eagle uses the same push tubes weather it's a straight or country style plow blade.

Why don't you PM me your email address.... so it's easier to send you pictures. I'll mark them up with the dimensions I find and weather I think it would work or not. Your call.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts