Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,

i have a 2008, sportsman 500 HO. right now i have a glacier plow 52" but it needs to be replaced. what are your recommendations for best plow to replace with?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Many will say the Warn Pro Vantage (Front Mount)..... I have a Glacier 3 and no complaints, love the on/off ease. I have also owned Cycle Country and Eagle. Each brand has it's strong points and it's not so great features! For me it was the mount on the Eagle and Cycle Country.... but I prefer a belly/mid mount system, as I feel it's easier on the machine (not so much force adn weight applied to the front end)!!

I'd strongly recommend / look at the KFI or Eagle.... both built like a "brick [email protected] house" and in the USA (MN).

Questins for you.....

1) What type of mount are you looking for? Front or Mid?
2) What type of surface and how much are you plowing?

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Also, what type of plow do you want? V, Country, straight, poly?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
hey everyone,

i have a 2008, sportsman 500 HO. right now i have a glacier plow 52" but it needs to be replaced. what are your recommendations for best plow to replace with?

thanks in advance!
Why does it need to be replaced?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a Glacier Pro with my 570. Its mid and front mount so distributes the weight across from but still get the same lift that a front mount gets. By far the easiest on/off mount I have seen. The frame gets setup to match your atv height and itll automatically lock onto your atv. Just hook up winch cable and retract cable. Itll line up and hook up on its own.

My only other experience is with a Kimpex click and go. This thing puts that to shame.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought a used 08, came with 60" Polaris plow set up. Only got to try it once a 4" of snow in my long and wide 30 year old concrete drive way (pads are uneven here and there) and it worked well. Best feature I like was the plow comes on and off in like seconds. It is easy and quick to change the blade angle and it handles the uneven transitions in the drive way with out any grief and missing snow, it scrapped it off very well in about half the time it would have taking my with a hand snow pusher. The plow Stores pretty easy to, stands up on blade and put against garage wall for next year :)

I still think for deep snow the snow the thrower will be needed, you can only push so much snow to the edges of your drive way and once frozen there snow falls to come have no where to be pushed too, the thrower puts it way off the drive way and spreads it around a bit so it can thaw more quickly than a packed pile that when it does thaw runs out onto the drive and freezes over night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts